Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake. Great recipe for Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake. I always made user "MiyaKitchen's" Roll Cake recipe and it always came out delicious and cute, so I decided to make it with my own chiffon cake recipe! I always made user "MiyaKitchen's" Roll Cake recipe and it always came out delicious and cute, so I decided to make it with my own chiffon cake recipe!
McGreger's version requires two chiffon cakes, baked in. Once cool, take a deep breath, and carefully cut this layer into thirds. Proceed with three-quarters of the whipped cream and only one-and-a-half quarts of strawberries. You can cook Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake using 14 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake
- Prepare of Cream:.
- It's 300 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of Decorations:.
- It's 1 of as much as you want Whatever fruits you prefer.
- It's 1 of ■Chiffon cake (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake).
- You need 4 of ○Egg whites (large).
- It's 50 grams of ○Sugar.
- It's 4 of △Egg yolk (large).
- It's 20 grams of △Sugar.
- It's 40 ml of ●Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- You need 70 ml of ●Milk or water.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 drops ●Vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare 75 grams of White flour.
In a large bowl, cut flour, sugar & butter together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk in another bowl; stir into flour mixture until batter is just blended.
Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake instructions
- Please refer to this recipe here (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake) for detailed instructions for Steps 4 through 7..
- Spread out patterned paper in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 14 minutes..
- Add the ○ sugar in 3 or 4 batches to the egg whites. Beat until stiff peaks form. Tip: Use low speed for the last 1 minute to for the texture..
- Add the △ sugar all together to the egg yolk and beat until it becomes whitish. Then add the ● ingredients and beat together..
- Add the sifted flour little by little to the egg yolk bowl and mix with a whisk or spatula..
- Add the mixture from Step 6 to the meringue in 2 or 3 batches and mix, being sure not to break the meringue texture..
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and make smooth with a scraper or spatula..
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven..
- When it has completed baking, leave it on the pattern paper and wrap tightly with a large piece of saran wrap..
- Put Step 10 into a large plastic bag and cool completely..
- While the cake is cooling, cut and prepare the fruit..
- Cut the cooled cake in half..
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar into the heavy cream until the fluffy peaks flatten..
- If the fruits that you are adding to the center are large, use 300 ml of cream; if the thickness is thin, use 200 ml. I cut the strawberries in half vertically, so I used 300 ml..
- Set aside some of the cream for decorating. Whip this cream until stiff peaks form and chill in the refrigerator..
- Cut a clear folder in half and match and adjust the lengths to use for transferring the cake. It makes the transfer easy and is useful! You can do this if you want..
- Thinly spread cream onto the cut-in-half sponge cake..
- Place the fruit and spread on more cream..
- Cover with the other half of the cake and spread the whole thing with the remaining cream. Use a knife for the top. Work quickly so as not to let it dry out!.
- How to wrap: The ends break easily, so poke toothpicks into the top and wrap loosely so that it doesn't touch the cake..
- Wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to a full day. If you cut it too soon, the cream won't settle onto the cake and when you cut, it will slide off..
- Once it settles, take off the wrap and cut off the 4 edges..
- Cut into any shape of your choice and decorate. It's finished. The decoration in the picture is basically the same, but I made it separately..
- This cake was given to me in the comments by MiyaKitchen. It was very delicious!.
- There's also a chocolate version! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171372-a-simple-chocolate-cake-made-using-chiffon-batter.
- Summery yellow peach!.
- Of course, I made Mont Blanc for the Fall! I used "ShiawaseMachiko's" Chestnut Cream recipe...
- I also tried doubling the recipe and slicing the halves thinly to make a big shortcake..
Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Combine cake mix, oil, and water until combined, then gently fold in egg whites. Once folded together, place mix into a greased bundt pan or other pan of your choice. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat with an electric mixture or stand mixer to combine. Add the milk and beat again until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.