Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe. The BEST pineapple upside down cake recipe EVER! It has a caramel topping with pineapple rounds over a dense cake with almond flour. We love this cake so much that we've developed a complete collection of pineapple upside-down cake recipes.
My improved pineapple upside down cake recipe, written below, is much softer than my original. Using creamed butter instead of melted, cake flour instead of all-purpose flour I appreciate that the cake, in general, is smaller and not as overwhelming. Same with my beloved apple upside down cake. You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- It's of Cake Batter.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It's of Fruit Base.
- It's 4 of large pineapple rings, or as needed.
- Prepare 11 of maraschino cherries, or as needed.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
A time when canned pineapple was all the rage. One look at this cake and you can see why it was so popular. New Recipes every Thursday before noon Eastern time. Find delicious recipes for classic pineapple upside-down cake, including versions with homemade cake and versions made with cake mix.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe instructions
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salt. Cook until everything is melted and a caramel like sauce forms..
- Pour the mixture into a greased round baking pan. Next, place the pineapple rings all over the bottom of the pan to form a layer and then place cherries in the center of the pineapple rings and in other empty spaces. Cut some rings if necessary..
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients except the sugar and whisk to combine..
- In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar and wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly until everything is well combined..
- Add the wet ingredients mix to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps..
- The fruit base should have set by now so the fruits don't shift when adding in the cake batter..
- Carefully pour the cake batter over the fruit base..
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. Check on the cake after 30 minutes as every oven is different..
- After baking, take the cake out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. After, loosen the sides of the cake and turn the cake over onto a cake board or plate and leave it like that for 10 minutes..
- After, take of the cake pan and the cake is ready to be served. It lasts only about 2 days in the refrigerator because of the fruits. Happy Baking and Enjoy!.
This old-fashioned cake recipe delivers a really good take on the dessert classic: pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic. Before you say, "That's so retro!", consider why this cake is such a classic: The pineapple topping gets its addictive flavor from melted butter and brown sugar—and yes, maraschino cherries, which we aren't. While it's been around for a long time, a good cake never goes out of style, so it's no surprise that classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe is still. Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe & Video.