Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll). Flip the cake onto the cocoa powder-dusted towel and remove the parchment paper. Starting with a short end, roll up the cake with the towel. Starting at the short edge, *tightly* roll the hot cake up with the towel (so the towel is literally rolled in between the cake layers, not just around the.
Tiramisu cake roll - espresso flavored sponge cake, brushed with coffee syrup and filled with Mascarpone Cheese Cream filling. Swiss rolls are beautiful and come together rather quickly. I've not seen this variation before. You can cook Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) using 22 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll)
- You need of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- Prepare of Sponge Cake (Chiffon Cake).
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks (80g, 2.8 oz).
- It's 35 g (3 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg yolk.
- Prepare 45 g (3.7 Tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- You need 65 g of (4 + 1/3 Tbsp) milk.
- Prepare 105 g of cake flour (3.7 oz).
- You need 4 of egg whites (160g, 5.6 oz).
- Prepare 65 g (5.5 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg white.
- It's of Cheese Cream.
- Prepare 100 g (3.5 oz) of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for cream cheese.
- You need 200 g of (7 oz, 7/8 us cup) heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of Coffee Syrup.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of boiling water.
- It's 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of rum.
- You need of For dusting.
- Prepare of cocoa powder, sugar-free.
Fluffy sponge cake rolled up with fresh matcha cream in the middle, this Matcha Swiss Roll will be an instant favorite this holiday season! This chocolate tiramisu Swiss Roll is the best of two classic desserts all rolled into one. Chocolate sponge is wrapped up around a silky · A simple yet elegant cake, coffee Swiss roll has a nice and creamy coffee whipped cream icing enclosed in a soft and light coffee flavored chiffon cake. This Chocolate Tiramisu Swiss Roll is an easy delicious chocolate cake filled inside and out with a creamy eggless tiramisu filling.
Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→youtu.be/6rkKh3Fvt30.
- 【For Chiffon Cake】Sift the cake flour twice. Put the egg yolk in a large bowl. Put the egg white in another large bowl. Let the egg white sit in a fridge. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 F..
- Add granulated sugar to the egg yolk. Mix it with a whisk until whitish and heavy. Pour the oil little by little in it while stirring. Make it smooth. (Emulsify it.).
- Warm the milk with a microwave to body temperature. Pour it little by little in the egg yolk mixture while stirring..
- Add cake flour and stir it until powderiness disappears. And then mix strongly and speedy 20-30 times until heavy a little..
- Take the egg white out from the fridge. Beat it lightly until watery. Whip it with a hand mixer on high speed..
- When it becomes white and fluffy, add granulated sugar in 2 parts. Whip it until the peak hangs down lightly. Whip slowly on low speed for a min to smooth it..
- Add the meringue to egg yolk batter in 3-4 parts. Stir well until smooth at 1st addition..
- From the next addition, mix the top lightly, and then scoop it up and let it slip through your whisk; repeat scooping. Mix well until combined and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl, and fold it..
- Pour it into a baking sheet, and flatten it. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 F for 18 mins. After baking, drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out from the sheet, and let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Cheese Cream】Put the cream cheese in a bowl. Mix it until smooth. Add granulated sugar. Mix well until the roughness of sugar disappears..
- Add granulated sugar and lemon juice to the heavy cream. Whip it while cooling with ice water until soft peaks form, on low speed..
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese in 3-4 times, and fold it until combined. Let it sit in a fridge..
- 【For Coffee Syrup】Add instant coffee to hot water, and stir well. Add granulated sugar, and stir to melt the sugar. Add rum and mix well..
- 【Let's finish up!】Brush both sides of the cake with the syrup, and use up the syrup..
- Spread a plastic wrap over the cake and turn it over. Cut off the edge (end of rolling) at an angle..
- Spread the cheese cream over the sponge..
- Roll the cake. Roll it up tightly at the beginning. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper. And then seal it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying. Let it sit in a fridge overnight to make the sponge moist. (It's OK 3 hours as well.).
- Sprinkle cocoa powder. It's all done!.
Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) 【Recipe Video】. Japanese style chocolate cake roll made from a super soft and fluffy chiffon cake filled with a light chocolate whipped cream. One of my husband's favorite desserts is a chocolate swiss roll that we used to buy at a Japanese bakery on Robson street in downtown Vancouver. This cake roll required more testing than usual because I was SO torn between using butter vs oil, cocoa powder vs melted chocolate, as well as the perfect amount of These basic ingredients wear very important hats in this Swiss roll cake recipe. Unless where noted, avoid making substitutions.