Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake. It very easy to mix with a hand mixer after adding the flour and mixing until the flour gets mixed in. I always made user "MiyaKitchen's" Roll Cake recipe and it always came out delicious and cute, so I decided to make it with my own chiffon cake recipe! This Strawberry Shortcake Cake is a chiffon cake and therefore it needs cake flour: cake flour is a fine, delicate flour with a low protein content (as opposed to all purpose flour with a higher protein content) which translates into a super-tender texture, a fine crumb, and substantial rise.
McGreger's version requires two chiffon cakes, baked in. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can have Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake using 14 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake
- It's of Cream:.
- Prepare 300 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's of Decorations:.
- It's 1 of as much as you want Whatever fruits you prefer.
- You need 1 of ■Chiffon cake (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake).
- Prepare 4 of ○Egg whites (large).
- It's 50 grams of ○Sugar.
- Prepare 4 of △Egg yolk (large).
- You need 20 grams of △Sugar.
- It's 40 ml of ●Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- It's 70 ml of ●Milk or water.
- You need 2 of or 3 drops ●Vanilla extract (optional).
- It's 75 grams of White flour.
Beat egg and milk in another bowl; stir into flour mixture until batter is just blended. Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Chiffon cake is best for strawberry shortcake. Most people wouldn't think of strawberry shortcake as a divisive dessert.
Simple Shortcake Made With Chiffon Cake instructions
- Please refer to this recipe here (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/144549-fluffy-plain-chiffon-cake) for detailed instructions for Steps 4 through 7..
- Spread out patterned paper in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 14 minutes..
- Add the ○ sugar in 3 or 4 batches to the egg whites. Beat until stiff peaks form. Tip: Use low speed for the last 1 minute to for the texture..
- Add the △ sugar all together to the egg yolk and beat until it becomes whitish. Then add the ● ingredients and beat together..
- Add the sifted flour little by little to the egg yolk bowl and mix with a whisk or spatula..
- Add the mixture from Step 6 to the meringue in 2 or 3 batches and mix, being sure not to break the meringue texture..
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and make smooth with a scraper or spatula..
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven..
- When it has completed baking, leave it on the pattern paper and wrap tightly with a large piece of saran wrap..
- Put Step 10 into a large plastic bag and cool completely..
- While the cake is cooling, cut and prepare the fruit..
- Cut the cooled cake in half..
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar into the heavy cream until the fluffy peaks flatten..
- If the fruits that you are adding to the center are large, use 300 ml of cream; if the thickness is thin, use 200 ml. I cut the strawberries in half vertically, so I used 300 ml..
- Set aside some of the cream for decorating. Whip this cream until stiff peaks form and chill in the refrigerator..
- Cut a clear folder in half and match and adjust the lengths to use for transferring the cake. It makes the transfer easy and is useful! You can do this if you want..
- Thinly spread cream onto the cut-in-half sponge cake..
- Place the fruit and spread on more cream..
- Cover with the other half of the cake and spread the whole thing with the remaining cream. Use a knife for the top. Work quickly so as not to let it dry out!.
- How to wrap: The ends break easily, so poke toothpicks into the top and wrap loosely so that it doesn't touch the cake..
- Wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to a full day. If you cut it too soon, the cream won't settle onto the cake and when you cut, it will slide off..
- Once it settles, take off the wrap and cut off the 4 edges..
- Cut into any shape of your choice and decorate. It's finished. The decoration in the picture is basically the same, but I made it separately..
- This cake was given to me in the comments by MiyaKitchen. It was very delicious!.
- There's also a chocolate version! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171372-a-simple-chocolate-cake-made-using-chiffon-batter.
- Summery yellow peach!.
- Of course, I made Mont Blanc for the Fall! I used "ShiawaseMachiko's" Chestnut Cream recipe...
- I also tried doubling the recipe and slicing the halves thinly to make a big shortcake..
The debate centers on the base: biscuit or cake, and then it. In a large bowl, cut flour, sugar & butter together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. This impressive skillet strawberry shortcake recipe eliminates much of the hassle and mess of traditional strawberry shortcakes. Instead of flouring the counter and rolling and cutting out individual biscuits, you'll bake one giant skillet biscuit cake that's topped with macerated strawberries and whipped cream. Combine cake mix, oil, and water until combined, then gently fold in egg whites.