Puto Cheese. I so love this Puto Cheese recipe. So soft and fluffy and definitely better tasting than the Puto mix you buy in a box but equally easy to make. You will never think of buying ready mix Puto after trying this!
Puto Cheese Recipe - Puto is the generic name for a rice cake made from galapong (rice flour), slightly sweetened and steamed. The rice for galapong is not ground dry, but soaked overnight and. I made this cheese puto using all-purpose flour. You can have Puto Cheese using 21 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puto Cheese
- Prepare of ingredients.
- It's of ✔️1 cup cake flour (or all purpose flour).
- It's of ✔️1/2 cup sugar.
- It's of ✔️1 tbsp. baking powder.
- You need of ✔️1 pc egg.
- Prepare of ✔️1/4 cup evaporated milk (or whole/fresh milk).
- Prepare of ✔️3/4 cup water.
- Prepare of ✔️1 tbsp. melted butter.
- You need of ✔️1/4 cup grated cheese (optional).
- You need of ✔️cheese toppings (or any desired toppings).
- Prepare of procedure.
- Prepare 1 of . Combine cake flour, baking powder and sugar. Sift to remove lumps. Set aside.
- It's 2 of . Combine egg, milk, water, and melted butter. Mix well. Add to the flour mixture. Mix well, but slowly, until smooth. Rest 15 minutes.
- You need of Enjoy!.
- Prepare 3 of . Pour in molds, filling only 3/4 as it will rise as you steam. Top with desired toppings. I used cheese.
- It's of RECIPE NOTES:.
- It's 4 of . Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.
- It's of ✔️Make sure the baking powder is still good before using or it will not rise. How to know if it's still good? Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 1/2 tsp baking powder. If it bubbles, it's still good.
- You need 5 of . After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Let it cool a little before removing from molds.
- Prepare of ✔️Grease or put oil ONLY AT THE BOTTOM of the mold. DO NOT grease the sides to achieve dome appearance of the puto.
- You need of ✔️DO NOT OVERCOOK. The puto becomes kuchinta when overcooked.
You can double or triple the recipe depending on the number of pieces. Puto Cheese is the cheesy version of our most popular rice cake. Instead of just adding a strip of cheese at the top, we incorporate the cheese in the batter as well. If you haven't tried making these.
Puto Cheese step by step
- Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.
Puto Cheese is one of my favorite puto flavors. Mainly because of how such a simple addition of cheese flavor completely elevates the experience of biting into the fluffy rice cake. Puto ( ᜉᜓᜆᜓ ) are Filipino steamed rice cakes, traditionally made from slightly fermented rice dough (galapong). It is eaten as is or as an accompaniment to a number of savoury dishes (most notably, dinuguan). This Puto Recipe or Puto Cheese has been a frequent sight during festivities in the Philippines.