Black Coffee Cake. Add eggs, oil, coffee and milk and mix. Combine coffee, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Beat it all together in one big bowl.
A woman at work gave the recipe to me many years ago. Add the beaten egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla; mix until smooth. Blackberry Coffee Cake makes perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast or brunch or desert. You can have Black Coffee Cake using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Coffee Cake
- It's 375 ml (2 2/3 cups) of All-purpose flour,.
- It's 15 ml of baking powder,.
- You need 15 ml of instant coffee powder(Nescafe),.
- It's 5 ml of ground cinnamon,.
- It's 5 ml of ground cardamom,.
- You need 3 of separated eggs(I'll explain how on the recipe),.
- Prepare 180 ml of sugar,.
- It's 100 ml of cooking oil,.
- You need 5 ml of vanilla essence,.
- Prepare 100 ml of strong black coffee cooled.
- Prepare of For the coffee icing:.
- Prepare 250 g of icing sugar(or normal sugar),.
- Prepare 125 g of margarine,.
- You need 15 ml of coffee granules, dissolved in 15ml of hot water,.
- It's 5 ml of vanilla essence.
My family likes to sleep longer at weekends so this Blackberry Coffee Cake is super choice for late breakfast. If you want something quick and sweet for breakfast or whenever you like this Blackberry Coffee Cake is always a good idea. Put everything into a mixing bowl EXCEPT the hot coffee; beat well. Add the hot coffee and mix.
Black Coffee Cake instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and give them a good whisk,.
- In another bowl, take your eggs and separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the *egg yolks* and the remaining ingredients (100ml oil, 100ml strong black cooled coffee) and vanilla essence) together for 3 minutes,.
- NOTE: 100ml strong cooled coffee is made with 2 tablespoons of coffee granules mixed with 100ml hot water, then allow it to cool..
- After beating your mixture of egg yolks and the remaining ingredients, add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed. At this point it, your mixture will be a bit dry. Set aside..
- In another clean bowl, beat the *egg whites* until stiff but not dry, and fold/add into the mixture above and continue beating,.
- This is how it will look like👇👇👇. ((Please DON'T add any milk or water.)).
- Grease your round cake pan and pour in your cake mixture,.
- Preheat your oven at this point and bake your cake until when you insert a skewer or a knife in it, it comes out clean. I preheated my oven at 200°c and baked for 35min..
- Allow your cake to cool completely before icing with a coffee-flavoured butter icing..
- FOR THE ICING: This is what you need(I wrote it on the ingredient's section)....
- Cream margarine and icing sugar (or normal sugar) together adding the dissolved coffee and the vanilla essence until the icing is of a good spreading consistency..
- Finally, my Black Coffee Cake with a coffee-flavoured butter icing is here guys👇👇👇.. Good luck👍 and Enjoy😋😋😋.
This cake is so, so moist and tasty. I frosted the cake with yellow frosting (I used food coloring) and then made black sugar bats all over the cake. I have a bat cookie cutter, so I placed it on the cake in several postions, and sprinkled black sugar within the cutter. I used little, round, red candies for the eyes. My mom used to make Bisquick coffee cake when I was a kid.