Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food). One of the all time favorite cakes is a Sponge cake or also commonly called as a Maida cake. This plain cake can also be prepared in various flavors. Super Spongy Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake.
They have a very light, fluffy and airy structure as a result of beating the egg whites to incorporate air. Best ever Eggless Sponge Cake recipe which I wanted to share an year back here. Due to several reasons it happened today and the secret behind this perfect texture comes mainly from For Vanilla Flavor do add vanilla extract or cardamom powder for bakery style Cardamom Cake. You can cook Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food)
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 cups of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Plain Curd(Amul masti dahi).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 and 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 and 1/2 tsp of Vanilla / Mixed fruit / pineapple essence.
- It's 1 tbsp of Milk (just for brushing the top).
Eggless Sponge Cake is a soft, moist, spongy vanilla cake without any eggs. Vanilla: Adding vanilla flavor is optional. Other ingredients: Milk, Baking Powder, Baking Soda. Equipment: A hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment is a must equipment for making the batter for vanilla.
Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food) step by step
- Sieve maida throughly and keep aside. Mix sugar and curd until sugar dissolves completely. Add baking soda and baking powder to the mixture and mix well..
- Leave mixture for 5 mins, till that time the bubbles will start appearing. Now add mixed fruit essence and cooking oil to the mixure and mix well..
- Slowly add maida in small portions at a time and blend with wet ingredients. Beat well until creamy and thick..
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celcius for 10 mins. Meanwhile grease a base of cake mould and flicker some flour, then pour the batter to the tin and keep it ready..
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree Celcius for 25 to 30 mins, At 20 mins check by inserting a fork the center of the cake weather it comes out clean. Now keep on checking the same at 5 mins interval, ie at 25 mins then 30 min. If required increase 5 more mins..
- Optional step: Brush the top of the cake with 1 tbsp milk, at 20 min to get a nice polishing glaze..
- Allow the cake to cool down till room temperature, then invert and remove from the mould. Then cut/slice them into pieces and serve..
- 1. Homemade curd can also be used made from full creme milk. 2. Use curd at room temperature. 3. Once batter is ready, dont allow it to sit for more than 10 mins (preheating) time as baking soda reacts faster. 4. The time for baking defers 5-10 minutes..
I have a huge collection of recipes with tips and tricks for you to bake eggless cakes and eggless cupcakes without any difficulty. It works out beautifully, especially in plain vanilla sponge cakes. Eggless vanilla sponge cake has become one of the most popular recipes on my blog. This recipe of Eggless vanilla sponge cake does not require butter and also does not use eggs. Here I have used oil and substituted eggs with curd to make the Vanilla Sponge cake batter.