Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes. The coconut cream cheese frosting enhances the cupcake so each bite is just sweet and exotic, leaving whispers of flavor behind.
These Coconut Lime Cupcakes are the sweet-tart springtime treats of your dreams, and perfect for lovers of the tropics! Fluffy coconut-infused cupcakes are stuffed with tangy key lime curd, then topped with a crown of lime cream cheese buttercream and a sprinkle of flaked coconut. Coconut Cupcakes with Almond Cream Frosting. You can cook Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- It's 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- You need 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- It's of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- You need of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting For the frosting: Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and smooth. FOR the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and reserved coconut cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating on low speed until smooth. Spoon frosting into piping bag fitted with star tip.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
Frost with Key Lime Icing and serve. Coconut Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. These Coconut Lime Cupcakes are filled with bright and tropical flavors. The cupcakes are light and fluffy and perfect for spring! The cupcakes are light and fluffy and the frosting has just the right amount of sweetness.