Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie. Rhubarb is the fleshy, edible stalks of species and hybrids (culinary rhubarb) of Rheum in the family Polygonaceae, which are cooked and used for food. The whole plant - a herbaceous perennial growing from short, thick rhizomes - is also called rhubarb. Historically, different plants have been called "rhubarb" in English.
The stalk of rhubarb is also consumed as food. Traditional Chinese medicine commonly uses rhubarb alone or in. Rhubarb is a perennial vegetable famous for its tart-flavored pinkish-green stalks, though it's used as a sweetened fruit in pies, tarts, and jams. You can have Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie
- It's 6 of Rhubarb (no leaves, red part peeled).
- It's of Strawberries (I used 8 big ones).
- You need 150 gr of chocolate milk.
- It's 50 ml of Heavy milk.
- It's 70 gr of butter (aprox).
- It's 24 of Oreo cookies.
Here's how to plant, grow, and harvest your own rhubarb. Rhubarb is a vegetable known for its reddish stalks and sour taste. In Europe and North America, it's cooked and often sweetened. In Asia, its roots are used medicinally.
Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie instructions
- Once you peeled the Rhubarb, cut the red 'crust', cut in bits and put in Ziploc bag with 5 spoons of sugar (I used plain white but brown is better). Shake once in a while!.
- Do the same with the strawberries. Put hem in a bowl with sugar and a bit water. This will take away the acid. The more you leave them like this in the fridge like this the sweeter!.
- Take the Oreos (only the black part) and put them inside another Ziploc bag. The white part I set it aside for the ganache but you can use it in here too. With an empty wine bottle smash the Oreos. Microwave 15 secs the butter and add it to the Oreos. Put this mix in the mold..
- Cover the Rhubarb with water and add a couple more spoons of sugar. Boil till the consitency looks like this. Then add to the mold..
- Take the chocolate and the milk (I added a tablespoon of butter) for the ganache. Put inside of tiny pan and put that pan in a bigger pot with boiling water..
- Add the strawberries to the mold anyway you like. I tried to make it pretty but failed..
- Add the chocolate ganache. Freeze for one hour and then move to the refrigerator! Done!!.
Though tart and slightly sour when raw, rhubarb is surprisingly sweet and versatile in these delicious recipes. Make the most of it with fresh cocktails, decadent desserts and meaty main dishes. A yummy blend of rhubarb and raspberries surrounded by a brown sugar and oats crust. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or pour on some half and half. Rhubarb is a perennial plant that grows well in cool climates.