Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins. Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. I am sure you could also do this with muffins but the layering in each muffin cup might take time. Apple Crumble (Streusel) Muffins are very soft inside thanks to the apples with a very crispy crumble on top.
It falls into the 'coffee cake' category as it combines a light and buttery cake with sliced apples and a streusel topping. I like to use the tart flavored Granny Smith apple in this cake, but other excellent. These Apple Coffee Cake Muffins are the perfect treat to surprise your mom on Mother's Day. You can have Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins
- Prepare of MUFFINS.
- Prepare 1 of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- You need 3/4 cup of Light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 8 tbsp of cold salted butter, cubed.
- You need 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- It's 2/3 cup of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- It's of ICING/GLAZE.
- It's 1 of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
Pieces of tender apples and walnuts in every bite, plus a It's like a coffee cake but in a muffin. They're just perfect with apples and walnuts in every single bite, not to mention that delicious streusel topping. Coffee Cake Muffins - The classic coffee cake is transformed into a convenient muffin, loaded with a mile-high crumb topping! I love coffee cake and it can DEF be dangerous so I love the muffin idea!! so much yummy streusel! · This Apple Streusel Coffee Cake recipe is full of cinnamon apple flavor and big enough to feed a crowd.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
Big, Bakery style Apple Butter Streusel Muffins have a layer of apple butter and crumb streusel, with an apple cider glaze on top. And now these apple sour cream coffee cake muffins are my new favorite. They're portable and great to take to-go in the morning or to serve a crowd for your upcoming holiday brunch. And the streusel topping is a must-have requirement when it comes to coffee cake. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!