Super Moist Carrot Cake. This one layer carrot cake is super moist, wonderfully spiced, and perfect for smaller gatherings and celebrations. Topped with sweet, tangy cream cheese frosting and toasted pecans, it's love at first bite. While I love yellow cake, strawberry cake, and chocolate cake, nothing compares to carrot.
This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. This Carrot Cake is super moist because of our SECRET and SIMPLE technique. You can have Super Moist Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Moist Carrot Cake
- It's 3 of eggs room temperature.
- It's 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coconut oil.
- It's 1,5 cup of white sugar (less sweet:1 1/8 cup).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour (250 gr).
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 2 cups of shredded carrot (small shredded) 240 gram.
- It's 3/4 cup of desiccated coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnut (115 gr).
- You need 226 gr of canned crushed pineapple (I don’t use the syrup). From canned pineapple chunks, i chopped to smaller size as I cannot find canned crushed pineapple.
- It's of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It's 1 (250 gr) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- It's 115 gr of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of icing sugar (original recipe is 2 cups but i like it not too sweet) sifted.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Lemon juice/zest (optional).
Watch the video and you will find out. It also has a really delicious Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting that is so light and refreshing. This cake was made and brought to me at work. It is the moistest carrot cake I have ever had.
Super Moist Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 175 celcius. Grease and flour 2 8” round pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well..
- Divide the batter into 2 portions. Pour each portion into prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Check with toothpick..
- Allow the cake to cool before assembling the cake with cream cheese frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting: beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract and the icing sugar gradually. Add lemon 🍋 juice/zest if using. Tips: if the frosting is too sweet, lemon juice will balance the sweetness and add a nice flavour too..
- Assemble the cake: take half of the frosting, spread it on 1 cooled cake. Put another cake on top and spread the remaining frosting all over the cake. Keep in the fridge for few hours before serving.
Use Cream Cheese Frosting II for a layer cake. This easy, moist carrot cake recipe is an award winner. The finely grated and partially pureed baby carrots is the key! I absolutely adore this carrot cake recipe. It's super easy and never lets me down.