Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Decorate with sprinkles or nonpareils if desired.
Top with the third cake layer. Add granulated sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl frequently. Double Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting Whether you're celebrating a birthday, Mother's Day, or graduation, this vanilla cake is a must-bake for all occasions. You can cook Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- You need of CAKE.
- You need 3 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2/3 cup of milk, I used whole milk.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- It's of red food coloring.
- It's of FROSTING AND FILLING.
- It's 1 1/2 of recipes for my Basic Creamy Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #7.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare of red, green and white sprinkles.
The cake is soft and light with a touch of nuttiness, and the smooth vanilla buttercream frosting adds an extra layer of decadence. Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream This Classic Vanilla Cake pairs fluffy vanilla cake layers with a silky vanilla buttercream. The perfect cake for birthdays, weddings, or any occasion! Hummingbird cake is a banana-pineapple spice cake common in the Southern United States.
Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 3 - 8 inche cake pans with bakers sprspray.
- Whisk together in a bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, add flour and milk and give a stir to moisten, then beat in eggs and vanilla, add flour mixture and stir to blend.
- Remove 1/3 of the batter to a seperate bowl, this will be your white layer. To the remaining batter, add enough drops of red food color to get a vivid red. Pour red batter into 2 of the prepared pans and the white batter in the remaining third pan.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes just until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on racks in pans 10 minutes , then remove and cool completely before frosting.
- MAKE FROSTING AND FILLING.
- Make 1 1/2 recipes of my Basic Creamy Buttercream frosting in order to have enough to fill and frost the entire cake. Recipe attached below. Use 1 1/2 cup butter and 6 cups confectioner's sugar, adding more cream as needed, see tip in recipe for perfect light creamy frosting https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place one cooled red layer of cake bottom side up on serving plate.
- Frost with some of the vanilla buttercream frosting.
- Add the white layer, bottom side up.
- Frost with some frostung.
- Top with the second red layer of cake, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake with tthe frosting.
- Garnish cake with sprinkles. Chill cake for 2 hours for easy slicing.
It's a great spin-off for Christmas to serve something sweet and warm-weather tasting. Add confectioner's sugar, ½ a cup at a time. Add vanilla and a pinch of salt and combine until well-incorporated. Add milk, heavy cream or half-and-half until the frosting has reached the preferred consistency. Top with the third cake layer and spread a very thin layer of buttercream over the top and sides of the cake.