Chocolate Coffee Cake with Chocolate Frosting. For frosting, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and chocolate; stir in the coffee until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
Homemade Chocolate Cake with Coffee, Chocolate Fudge Frosting and Chocolate Drip Bake Cake. Pour batter into the prepared baking pans. Chocolate coffee bundt cake - Make this Chocolate Bundt Cake and drizzle espresso/ coffee chocolate ganache on top, using the recipe below. You can cook Chocolate Coffee Cake with Chocolate Frosting using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Coffee Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- It's of For the Cake.
- It's of Preheat oven 180° Grease pans.
- You need 250 g of Chocolate.
- It's 250 g of Butter.
- It's 150 g of Plain Yoghurt or Buttermilk.
- Prepare 150 ml of Boiling Water.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 200 g of Brown Sugar.
- You need 200 g of Castor Sugar.
- It's 2-3 TBSP of Coffee.
- You need 60 g of Cocoa.
- You need 250 g of Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Chocolate Frosting Icing.
- Prepare 250 g of Chocolate.
- You need 80 g of Butter.
- It's 200 ml of Double Cream.
- It's 100 g of Icing Sugar (sieved).
Instead of chocolate buttercream, you can use this Coconut Cream Chocolate Frosting, which is super fudgy and has a hint of coconut flavor. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix until combined. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Chocolate Coffee Cake with Chocolate Frosting step by step
- Method For the Cake.
- Break chocolates, put in a small sauce pan then add in the butter. Melt the chocolate and butter over a low heat stirring continuously till smooth..
- In a large bowl, pour in the chocolate mixture then whisk in the Yoghurt, eggs, & Vanilla Essence till all combined..
- In a separate bowl, add the sugars & coffee with the boiling water & mix together till well combined..
- Add the water mixture to the Yoghurt chocolate mixture. Sieve in the cocoa, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of Soda & salt into the mixture. Fold into the mixture till well combined..
- Pour batter into greased pans & bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until skewer or knife comes out clean when pocked. Remove from oven & let cool in pans, for 10 minutes, then turn out on wired rack top-side down & let cool off completely..
- Method for Chocolate Frosting Icing.
- Over low heat In a sauce pan add chocolate & butter mix continuously till melted..
- Add in the Cream & sieved Icing sugar, whisk mixture well till get a smooth, glossy & thick icing..
- Place cake on tray, ice the top of the 1 cake with icing smoothly spread, then put the other cake on top of iced cake, with remaining icing spread top of cake using the back of a spoon to make swirling patterns.
With the mixer still on low, add the Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until creamy; slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt until smooth and spreadable. Place butter, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over low heat. Stir mixture until all the butter has just melted. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and salt. Sift in the confectioner's sugar and ground coffee.