Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Carrot Dry Fruit Cake – Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe. Wet Ingredients: Now in a grinder add orange juice, sugar, oil and grind until smooth. Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
This cake is made with the goodness of whole wheat flour, fresh orange juice, carrot and lots of dry fruits. Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. You can cook Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Carrot Dry Fruit Cake – Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Carrot Dry Fruit Cake – Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe
- You need 1.1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It's 1 cup of Fresh Orange Juice.
- You need 3/4 cup of Powdered White Sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of Mix dry fruits & nuts * (combination of raisins, seedless dates, dried apricot, pistachios, tutti frutti, walnut, cashews, dried blueberries, dried red cranberries).
- It's 1/2 cup of Nuts (chopped almonds, walnuts).
- It's 1/2 cup of Grated Carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda or Eno.
- It's 1 tsp of Fennel.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
This can be another way to make you kids to have carrots. This is eggless and we are making it in pressure cooker. It is also healthy as we are using wheat flour to make the cake. Heat a heavy pressure cooker over low eat.
Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Carrot Dry Fruit Cake – Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe step by step
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda or Eno. Now add grated carrot, dry fruits & nuts, and salt. Mix them well and keep it aside. Wet Ingredients: Now in a grinder add orange juice, sugar, oil and grind until smooth..
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour 10 minutes..
- Tips: Adjust sugar according to your taste. Baking time may vary. Mix Dry Fruits & Nuts: In a bowl add dried blueberries, red cranberries, raisins, pistachios and 1 cup of hot water. Keep it aside for half an hour (covered). After half an hour drain water. Take soaked berries, raisins, pistachios and mix with other nuts, fennel. Then toss all dry fruits and nuts with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Keep them aside..
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour 10 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes..
- Pressure Cooker Method: Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Important Notes: Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan..
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium. If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn (overbake) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand. No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker..
- How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker? Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter (Do not put water inside the pressure cooker). Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid..
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately. Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready..
Remove the gasket and weight of the pressure cooker. Fry the nuts in ghee and mix it into the mixer of wheat flour. Take pressure cooker plate grease it with ghee and transfer the mixture into the plate. In a pressure cooker with little water place the plate (if needed adjust the height by placing a cup or tray) as like we do for preheating. Take whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a Mixing bowl and mix well.