Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food).
You can have Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food)
- You need 1 and 1/2 cups of All-purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of Plain Curd(Amul masti dahi).
- You need 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 and 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 and 1/2 tsp of Vanilla / Mixed fruit / pineapple essence.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk (just for brushing the top).
Eggless Flavoured Sponge Cake Recipe(Jain Food) step by step
- Sieve maida throughly and keep aside. Mix sugar and curd until sugar dissolves completely. Add baking soda and baking powder to the mixture and mix well..
- Leave mixture for 5 mins, till that time the bubbles will start appearing. Now add mixed fruit essence and cooking oil to the mixure and mix well..
- Slowly add maida in small portions at a time and blend with wet ingredients. Beat well until creamy and thick..
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celcius for 10 mins. Meanwhile grease a base of cake mould and flicker some flour, then pour the batter to the tin and keep it ready..
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree Celcius for 25 to 30 mins, At 20 mins check by inserting a fork the center of the cake weather it comes out clean. Now keep on checking the same at 5 mins interval, ie at 25 mins then 30 min. If required increase 5 more mins..
- Optional step: Brush the top of the cake with 1 tbsp milk, at 20 min to get a nice polishing glaze..
- Allow the cake to cool down till room temperature, then invert and remove from the mould. Then cut/slice them into pieces and serve..
- 1. Homemade curd can also be used made from full creme milk. 2. Use curd at room temperature. 3. Once batter is ready, dont allow it to sit for more than 10 mins (preheating) time as baking soda reacts faster. 4. The time for baking defers 5-10 minutes..