Cinnamon Sugar Ripple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Sprinkles with cinnamon sugar ripple mixture. Spoon another tablespoon of batter over and sprinkles with more cinnamon sugar, add another amount of batter just to top sugar mix than using a toothpick swirl batter in each tin. These Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Cupcakes are a dream of mine come true!
Great for piping or using between cake layers, this frosting uses butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar, just like American buttercream, but becomes light and fluffy with the addition of heavy whipping cream. Add a couple teaspoons of cinnamon and you've got an amazing frosting you can use on chocolate, vanilla, apple or even carrot cake! I only ever use real butter, but you can use whatever you have on hand. You can cook Cinnamon Sugar Ripple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Sugar Ripple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- Prepare of CUPCAKES.
- It's 1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of CINNAMON RIPPLE.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's of CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- It's 1 of full recipe Basic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, fecipe attached in direction step #11.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's of GARNISH.
- You need 12 of to 14 cinnamon bear candies.
Although I think margarine changes the taste, your buttercream frosting made with margarine will still better than canned frosting. Using a small, fine sieve, dust peaks with cinnamon-sugar. To make the buttercream, cream the butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt together. Turn the mixer to low, and gradually add half of the sugar one cup at a time.
Cinnamon Sugar Ripple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 to 14 standard cupcake tins with liners.
- MAKE CINNAMON RIPPLE. In a small bowl mix the 1/4 cup sugar with the 11/2 tablespoons cinnamon..
- MAKE CUPCAKES.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg whites, vanilla and sour cream.
- Stir flour mixture in just until combined.
- Put about 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of cupcake tins. Sprinkles with cinnamon sugar ripple mixture. Spoon another tablespoon of batter over and sprinkles with more cinnamon sugar, add another amount of batter just to top sugar mix than using a toothpick swirl batter in each tin..
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until.a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 2 minutes in pan then remove to rack to cool completely.
- MAKE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- Make Basic Vanilla Cream Frosting,recipe attached below, ADDING the 1 teaspoon cinnamon with the sugar https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
- Frost cupcakes,with frosting and garnish with cinnamon bears.
Directions Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Beat together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until fluffy and pale in colour. Scrape down the bowl and add the half and half. Some of the cinnamon-sugar filling from the center layer may peek through the top layer of batter.