Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake). I was determined to make a zuccotto cake for Christmas but only had a vague idea at first. So I created this by incorporating things that my son and husband like. Zuccotto is a sponge cake molded into a dome and filled with cream and chocolate mousse.
It is filled with a chocolate mousse, which is spiked with rum, before being topped with a slice of chocolate cake. It is then inverted and glazed in dark chocolate ganache and drizzled with white chocolate. The bottom edge is outlined with a. You can cook Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) using 25 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake)
- It's 1 of Sponge cake (refer to the following recipe: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake).
- You need of Decoration.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Strawberries.
- Prepare 1 of Blueberries.
- You need 1 of Silver dragées.
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Diced almonds.
- You need of Chocolate mousse.
- It's 60 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 30 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Rum (optional).
- It's 2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- It's 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of ☆No-bake cream cheese mousse with strawberries and blueberries.
- Prepare 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 3 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 80 grams of Strawberries.
- It's 30 grams of Blueberries.
- Prepare 35 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It's 3 grams of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 20 grams of ＊ Yogurt.
- Prepare 100 grams of ＊ Cream cheese.
Chef Eddy's Zuccotto is delicate sponge cake dome filled with a white cream filing, dark chocolate filing, and topped off with more chocolate. Serve this chilled, classic Italian dessert as a delicious ending to a good meal or any time you want your guests to leave happy. See more ideas about cupcake cakes, desserts, dessert recipes. Line the pudding basin with the cake slices, the pointed ends at the bottom of the basin.
Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) step by step
- Prepare the sponge cake. I use this recipe here: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake.
- Slice the sponge cake into 4 layers..
- Cut one layer into 4 strips and another into a smaller circle..
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and place 1 layer of the sliced sponge cake at the bottom. Line the sides with the 4 strips of cake..
- Cover the bowl from Step 4 and the rest of the sponge cake with plastic wrap. Whip the heavy cream (for the cream cheese mousse) until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Cut the strawberries in small pieces and combine with blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Microwave at 500 W for 1 minute..
- Combine the water and gelatin. Microwave at 500W for 30 seconds. Add the berry mixture from Step 6 and ingredients in a blender and blend. Blend in the heated gelatin afterwards..
- Add the mixture from Step 7 into the whipped cream from Step 5 and mix thoroughly..
- Pour in the batter from Step 8 into the bowl from Step 4..
- Place the small circular sponge cake on top, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge..
- Let's make the chocolate mousse. Roughly chop the chocolate and combine with the milk. Microwave at 600 W for 1 minute and mix well..
- Sprinkle in the powdered gelatin and mix well..
- While letting the chocolate mixture cool, whip the heavy cream until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Add the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and mix thoroughly..
- Take the cake from Step 10 out of the fridge, and pour in the mixture from Step 14..
- Place the remaining sponge cake, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 1 to 1.5 hours to harden..
- Remove from fridge, take off the plastic wrap and place the bottom of the mold on top..
- Flip it over on a cake plate or a rack..
- Add the sugar into heavy cream, whip until soft peaks form, and spread it around the cake..
- Decorate with strawberries, blueberries and it's done..
- My son decorated it into a Christmas cake using some meringue sweets. He has a surprisingly good taste!.
- The inside looks like this..
Patch any holes with spare pieces of cake (you may not need all the slices) so the whole basin is lined with cake. See more ideas about dessert recipes, desserts, just desserts. See more ideas about desserts, food, cupcake cakes. Thanks for the reply and the info. After reading it I realize you are right.