Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake 🎂. Welcome to How To Cake It with Yolanda Gampp! If you love baking and want to learn how to turn eggs, sugar and butter into CRAZY novelty cakes like Interested in learning cake decorating? Sign up for Yolanda's Cake Decorating Masterclass to learn ALL her foundational techniques for ANY cake.
Gradually pour milk mixture into flour mixture; whisk until blended (some small lumps. A buttery vanilla cake dotted with chocolate chips that can be thrown together in minutes and is ready to eat in seconds! All you need is a bowl, a spoon and You probably have ALL the ingredients for one of these in your pantry RIGHT NOW. You can cook Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake 🎂 using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake 🎂
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup (227 g) of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 4 of tsps vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk (see recipe).
- You need of Chocolate chips.
- It's of This recipe includes the use of an automatic mixer.
- It's of All ingredients must be at room temperature.
This Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is ready to go morning. In Morocco, these vanilla and chocolate chip cupcakes can occasionally appear on an iftar evening table when breaking the fast during Ramadan. Another great pairing is a coffee frosting, which complements both the vanilla and chocolate nicely. The cake was a little warm but it tasted just fine.
Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake 🎂 instructions
- Heat up your oven to 350 ° F.
- Grease your pans with butter and dust with flour.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in medium high speed for 5 minutes till it's thick and fluffy. Scrape the sides as needed..
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well with each addition, making sure the eggs are well incorporated per addition. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Add in the vanilla and whisk till it's fully combined.
- Reduce to medium speed and add in the flour mixture in thirds alternating with the buttermilk. Mix well till the flour mixture and buttermilk are fully combined before adding more.
- Your batter should look smooth especially if you used room temperature ingredients else whisk for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. I added chocolate chips at this stage and stirred.
- Transfer the batter to your cake pans, spreading evenly. Tap to release air pockets. I sprinkled some more chocolate chips at the top. If using more than one pan, divide evenly. You can simply eye-ball it or use a kitchen scale.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes. The final stage of cooking occurs now, with the heat from the pan. A little mishap with my oven made them browner than expected. Don't be like me, ensure you have enough gas before baking 😢.
- Then place on a wire rack till it cools to room temperature. A wire rack ensures all-round flow of air to the cake compared to placing them on a flat surface like a plate.
- There you have it!!! You can ice/frost it or just enjoy the plain goodness of it 🤩.
- I sliced off the top and layered them with some leftover chocolate frosting from a previous cake-adventure (stay tuned for that recipe 📻), and sprinkled some cashew nuts as well..
So quick and easy and rich in vanilla flavor and the chocolate chips. This is a cake I will be making over and over again for sure! Are you ready to make the simplest, easiest chocolate chip cake EVAA?! Well, if so… here it is, the only Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake recipe you'll ever need. What makes this recipe so special?