Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake. This Spring, add a fun twist to a classic chocolate crunch cake recipe! Start with our Duncan Hines® Devil's Food cake and layer with crunchy chocolate cake. This layered cake is pure chocolate confection.
Winter always sneaks up on me. On the lucky days where the sun in shining. This Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake could not have been more delicious (evidence: my inability to stop stealing bites out of the fridge), but I also love that it didn't take me hours upon hours to make. You can cook Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake
- You need of FOR CAKE.
- It's 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It's 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of FROSTING.
- You need 1 of recipe Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step # 10.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white chocolate sprinkles.
To finish the cake off, use a large knife to shave some extra chocolate, then sprinkle it over the top and top with chocolate hazelnut. A snacking-style cake shaped by the angel food/bundt pan in which it's baked. This is the most decadent chocolate cake I've ever tried! Then cover that layer with crunch topping.
Chocolate Crunch Layer Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 4 - 8 inch cake pans with baking spray.
- Whisk in a bowl flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg, beat in vannilla. Beat in flour mixture aternating with buttermilk just until smooth.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool in pans on racks for 15 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool completely.
- MAKE CRUNCH COATING.
- Take 1 layer of the cake and crumble it into coarse crumbs. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake crumbs in 350 oven just until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely. Pulse in a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- FROST CAKE. Place one layer of cake on serving plate.
- Frost with Chocolate Ganache Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347899-chocolate-ganache-buttercream-frosting.
- Top with second layer of cake and frost that.
- Put final third layer on and frost top and sides of cake.
- Apply crunch coating. Put cake on its serving plate on a parchment paper lined work surface.
- The parchment is to catch the crumbs that will end up everywhere without it! Scoop handfuls of crumbs and. Press all over sides and top of cake,sweep away excess crumbs with a pastry brush from base of plate. Pour all excess crumbs off of parchment by picking paper up and funneling crumbs off..
- Garnish with white chocolate sprinkles. It's best to alow cake to chill 30 minutes so crumbs can really stick well.
Chocolate lovers will be thrilled with this chocolate cake layered with more chocolate and a crumbly chocolate coating. Here, he applies his talents to chocolate cake, mixing lots of buttermilk and coffee into the batter to create an incredibly moist, rich and fudgy dessert. Plus: More Indulgent Chocolate Recipes and Tips. A layer of chocolate crunch is hidden inside. Soft Chocolate Sponge cake layers are filed with Dulce de Leche Buttercream and Chocolate Walnut Meringue to make Ukrainian Chocolate Kiev Cake.