Fondant cake. So you want to fondant a cake, but you've heard it's too difficult? It may seem challenging, but it's not as hard as you might think. With a little practice and know-how, you'll be able to easily fondant a cake.
When needed, she can fearlessly drive away evil creatures. Fondant cake is a delicacy that people often need to prepare for celebratory events. Fondant cake designs can be smooth and simple or elaborate and elegant. You can cook Fondant cake using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fondant cake
- You need of Flour 4 cups(500g) all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Egg-12.
- Prepare of Butter- 4sticks (500g) not margarine.
- It's of Granulated sugar- 2cups (400g).
- It's 3 teaspoons of Baking powder -.
- It's 3 tablespoons of Vanilla extra -.
- Prepare of Fondant recipe.
- Prepare 1 kg of Icing sugar -.
- You need of Corn flour or extra icing sugar -500g.
- It's 4 tablespoon of Cold water-.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Gelatin-.
- Prepare 125 ml of Liquid glucose -.
- You need of Flavoring - 1 teaspoon (optional).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of CMC -.
This icing's smooth, dough-like texture A smooth, fondant cake is beautiful even without extensive decorations, and fondant is. See more ideas about fondant, fondant tutorial, fondant figures. Shape the fondant cake with a cake decorating smoother. How to Decorate Cakes with Fondant.
Fondant cake instructions
- Cream the butter and sugar. put the soft butter and granulated sugar into the mixer and start creaming. Cream for about 1 hours or more. some sugar maybe stubborn and you can still feel the grains but its OK so long as the butter\sugar mixture is white and soft..
- Beat the eggs. Beats all the eggs into a big bowl and whisk them to a smooth blend..
- Sieve flour and add baking powder. In a separate bowl sieve flour for 2 to 3 times so as to remove particles and add baking powder and mix well..
- Add whisked egg and the flour. Before you do this step make sure that your butter and sugar are well creamed. Then pour the egg and the flour beat by beat until you mix it together..
- Turn on your oven to preheat.
- Add the ornamental ingredients. Add vanilla extract or any other flavour of your choice and stir with wooden spatula till everything is well incorporate..
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake pan..
- Baking time. Bake for at least 2 hours before you open the oven door and check the cake..
- Cool and decorate. Once the cake is done bring it out of the oven and leave it for about 5 - 10 minutes or a day if your not decorating it on that day till it cool down completely before decorating..
- Fondant making.
- Sieve icing sugar into a large bowl,add CMC, make a well in the center and set aside..
- Next,pour the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top to soak for about 5 minutes..
- Heat up the sauce pan and stir until the gelatin is clear and completely dissolved but don't boil it then turn off the heat..
- Preparing your baking pan. When your done with creaming,prepare your cake pan by rubbing the inside with soft butter and then put some flour into the greased pan, make sure the flour touches every part..
- Add glucose into the dissolved gelatin and stir until well blended now add flavour and mix well. Tip:add colour at this point.(Optional)..
- Pour the mixture into the well of icing sugar (in step 1) and mix until all of the sugar is well incorporated..
- Dust the work table with some of the extra icing sugar (corn flour) and transfer the icing sugar mixture onto the table. If fondant is too sticky add more icing sugar but if it turns out hard add a little of water or butter..
- Finally form into a ball and tightly wrap up the fondant in a nylon and plastic bag and placed in a container (DO NOT REFRIDEGRATE). Then after some hours you can bring it out and decorate your cake..
Once you have covered your cake or cupcakes with fondant, the fun cake decorating begins! Learn how to make fondant cakes and other decorations with fondant at Wilton. In this article, we'll cover prepping your cake, smoothing your fondant and everything in between. Fondant-covered cakes have a smooth, professional look that's easy to achieve. Roll the fondant until it is the size you need.