Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. Place the cake upside down, with the caramel white chocolate ganache facing down into mousse, and place it in the center of the milk chocolate mousse. MIRROR GLAZE Fill each recess with the mousse.
Gently fold the heavy cream into the caramel until combined and no white streaks remain. Transfer the mixture to a medium sized bowl and cover. While the caramel mousse sets, bake the cake. You can have Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling
- It's of CAKE.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It's 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate chopped.
- It's 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It's of CARAMEL MOUSSE FILLING.
- It's 1 of full recipe of my Caramel Mousse, recipe attached in direction step #7.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- It's of caramel opcorn, my recipe is attached in direction step #9.
- It's 1/4 cup of dark chocolate shavings.
To make the chocolate cake, you can refer to my Choco Butternut Loaf recipe. As for the caramel mousse, I start off by heating whipped cream using the double boiler method. Simply fill a small pot with one or two inches of water then place the bowl with whipped cream and turn on your burner to a simmer. While it holds up to piping perfectly, it's probably a bit too soft for spreading over the entire cake.
Chocolate Cake with Caramel Mousse Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2– 8 inch cake pans with bakers spray. Line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar bring to a boil and cook just until mixture is clear and sugar is dissolves. About 2 minutes Pour into large bowl and add butter and chocolate and stir until smooth..Let cool 5 minutes,then beat in eggs and vanilla just until smooth.
- Meanwhile whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture all at once and beat just until smooth about 1 minute. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake about 23 to 25 minutes until cake springs back when touched and a toothpick comes out with just a few little crumbs. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around pans to release cake to wire rack to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE COLE.
- Lay one cake layer on serving plate, cover with 1/2 of the Caramel Mousse. Recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342860-caramel-mousse.
- Add the second cake layer and cover with the remaining Caramel Mousse.
- Decorate with Caramel Popcorn, recipe attached below. Sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358852-crispy-toffee-caramel-popcorn.
Top with second cake layer, ganache, ganache ring,. Then put the next layer of the cake and spread the mousse and so on until the cake is built. Make sure to leave a bit of mousse to cover the top of the cake. A very thin layer of mousse on top is all you need. The ingredients you will need to make chocolate mousse for a cake filling include: hot water, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar.