Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. For the recipe, I subbed coconut oil for the butter and added shredded coconut, lime zest, and lime juice to the batter. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes.
Then add the coconut extract and powdered sugar all at once and mix until just combined. You can make them without the lime, and you'll have a perfect coconut cupcake. Beat into the egg mixture until thoroughly combined; beat in buttermilk and lime juice. You can cook Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- You need 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- You need of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
Stir in coconut and lime zest. Okay, I waited as long as I possibly could before pulling out the lime desserts on you again this year, but it has begun, so if you like lime as much as I do, get excited! Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
For the Lime Frosting: In a medium bowl blend cream cheese with lime juice with a hand mixer. Gradually adding the powdered sugar on a low speed to prevent it from flying all over. Once the powdered sugar is incorporated, turn the speed up and whip until light and creamy. These coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting have a triple dose of coconut in the cupcakes and a soft, buttery texture. Then they're topped with creamy, fluffy lime frosting & toasted coconut.