Cream Puffs in a Toaster Oven.
You can cook Cream Puffs in a Toaster Oven using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream Puffs in a Toaster Oven
- Prepare of Choux pastry.
- You need 35 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It's 25 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- It's 55 ml of Water.
- Prepare of Custard Cream.
- It's 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 10 grams of Cake flour.
- It's 1 of Egg yolk.
- It's 25 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Vanilla essence.
Cream Puffs in a Toaster Oven instructions
- Add all of the ingredients for the choux pastry into a bowl and mix well until there are no lumps left..
- Add the mixture to a pan and on low heat constantly stir it until it becomes a creamy coloured dough. Be careful not to burn it..
- Add the mixture to a plastic bag. Cut a hole in one corner to pipe out the dough. Take care not to burn yourself..
- Pipe into circles and flatten the tops with a wet finger. Spray lightly with water..
- Preheat the toaster oven and bake the choux pastry for 12-15 minutes. Bake for 3 minutes at a time then allow 1 minute to rest and repeat until the 15 minutes is up..
- Once the choux pastry is in the toaster oven, do not open it until they have cooled. It will not rise properly if the temperature drops while baking..
- Use this custard cream for the filling. Combine the flour, egg yolks and sugar together. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/151579-easy-smooth-custard-cream.
- Add the warmed milk in 2 - 3 goes, mixing after each addition. Lastly add a few drops of vanilla essence..
- Add the mixture to a pan and mix well on a low heat being careful not to burn it..
- Once it's thickened, it's done..
- Chill the custard cream in the refrigerator. It will chill quicker if you spread it thin between 2 sheets of cling film..
- Once chilled, form the cream into a log shape. Cut into circles and sandwich each between one of the pastries sliced in two..