A great Red velvet cake recipe. Red Velvet Cake recipe - tried and tested favourite! This is BEST Red Velvet Cake recipe EVER is the recipe my mom used. This Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe you will ever try!
Red Velvet Cake - soft and moist interior with a great flavor combination coming from vanilla, cocoa powder and buttermilk. This cake has a wonderful red. This classic red velvet layer cake is made tender with buttermilk. You can cook A great Red velvet cake recipe using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A great Red velvet cake recipe
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of cake flour or all purpose.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- It's 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 teaspoon of gel food color or 2 tablespoons liquid color.
It's topped with a fluffy cooked white icing. A family favorite--great for the Christmas holiday. This red velvet cake recipe excerpted from David Guas and Raquel Pelzel's DamGoodSweet, is about as southern as a cake can be, but their version veers a bit from tradition. Browse our special collections for more impressive layer cakes and recipes perfect for Valentine's Day or your Mardi Gras celebration.
A great Red velvet cake recipe instructions
- Method: 1. Cream your butter and sugar together till pale yellow 2. Add your eggs one at time 3. Add your sour cream and oil 4. Add vanilla flavor 5. Add the vinegar to the milk and mix.
- 5. Sift in together your flour salt cocoa powder baking soda in a bowl (pls measure it accurately$ and make sure to always sift your dry ingredients (it makes your cake light) 7. Add 1/3 of the flour and splash of milk 8. Repeat the same process till everything is fully incorporated 9. Bake in your greased cake pan 10. Reminder do not over beat your batter once you start adding your flour (or you’ll end up with a dense cake) 11. Do not over bake your cake or end up with dry cakes.
Amazing real red velvet cake recipe. One bowl, one spatula, one amazing cake! The cake is very light and delicate and very moist. Goes great with cream cheese frosting or ermine buttercream! Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans.