Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake. Place cake mix, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Stop machine; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. In a bowl, add and sift all the dry ingredients.
It is made by caramelizing sugar and adding cashews to it for the crunch. It is set to cool down, crushed, and then used to fill the cake. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir together the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and water. You can have Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake
- It's 1.5 cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of Butterscotch [Recipe from Simple recipe dot com].
- You need 1 of egg whole.
- It's 1.5 tsps of Baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of yogurt thick.
- It's 20 - 24 of cashews roasted chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's of Milk As needed.
- It's 1 of Loaf Pan.
- It's of Non stick paper.
Stir until the mixture comes to a simmer and the butterscotch chips are melted. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Melt butterscotch chips and butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Add melted butterscotch and butter mixture to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake step by step
- Prepare the butter scotch ahead as we cant use it hot. Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Mix yogurt, Sauce, oil, egg and keep aside. In another bowl, mix Flour, Baking powder, cashews and Baking soda..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mix. Mix well with a spatula. In case the mix seems dry, add a tbsp of milk at a time. We want the batter to be thick but certainly not pour-able..
- Line a loaf tin with non stick paper and lightly grease it too. Transfer the batter to the tin and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until the top is nice and brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and slice..
Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. This is a versatile cashew cheese sauce that's totally plant-based. I use it as a pasta sauce, as a pizza topping, over roasted veggies, on tacos and for grilled cheese.