Coconut Cake Recipe. Dry ingredients in one and wet ingredients in another (see full recipe instructions below). Combine the two in your mixer, along with coconut milk. Find top-rated coconut cake recipes complete with ratings, reviews, and cooking tips.
This is the kind of cake that will wow everyone in the room! This Coconut Cake is one of the best cakes you'll ever make! It's light and fluffy, it's brimming with sweet coconut flavor and it's finished with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting. You can have Coconut Cake Recipe using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Cake Recipe
- You need 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of medium-sized eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh coconut milk.
- It's of Coconut Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of coconut milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
This cake couldn't be more traditional: four layers of rum-brushed yellow cake filled and frosted with a light and airy, coconut-scented meringue-buttercream. Use desiccated coconut or coconut rum to flavour traybakes, cupcakes, brownies and more. This easy coconut cake will give you a taste of the tropical. Bake with a handful of storecupboard.
Coconut Cake Recipe step by step
- Prepare ingredients and equipments needed: measure out the wet and dry ingredients and set aside; brush the baking pan with butter or oil, dust with flour and set aside; preheat your oven or pot (anyone you have)..
- Add the flour, the baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly to combine..
- Place the butter and sugar in a bigger bowl and whisk till the butter turns from yellow to a slight milky colour, Proceed to add in the eggs one at a time whisking thoroughly after each one. Add in the vanilla and coconut extract..
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients; first pour half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture till it's a little bit combined, pour in the coconut milk and mix again, then lastly add the remaining flour mixture and mix to combine..
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the preheated pot on medium heat for 35 - 40 minutes (or in a preheated oven at 180°C) till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Bring it down, allow to cool slightly then place it on a rack to cool completely..
- Make the coconut glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and the coconut milk to get a pouring consistency, pour over the cake, then cover with the shredded coconuts..
- Cut into desired sizes and serve..
Celebrate with Ina Garten's snow-white Coconut Cake recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. The cream cheese frosting is sprinkled with shredded coconut. Today's recipe is a MEGA CLASSIC! It's a cake recipe that I LOVE This Coconut Cake is what cake dreams are made of. It's rustic and casual looking, but it's.