You can cook Pizza Dough using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It's 622.5 g of Bread Flour (or All-Purpose Flour).
- You need 13.5 g of Salt.
- Prepare 405 g of Water at 110°F (1 3/4 cup).
- You need 2.25 g of Cake Yeast (or 1.5 g Dry Yeast).
- Prepare as needed of Olive Oil,.
Pizza Dough step by step
- Combine flour and salt in a stand mixer bowl, mix bread flour and salt thoroughly..
- CAKE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 65 °F. Add water to a new bowl. Add cake yeast and gently stir to combine. ACTIVE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 110 °F (45-50 seconds in the microwave). Add water to a new bowl. Add yeast and gently stir to combine. Add a pinch of sugar. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour in the water and yeast..
- Using a wooden spoon, mix ingredients together until you have a shaggy, rugged mass of dough..
- In a stand mixer equipped with the dough hook, mix dough on medium speed for about seven and a half minutes, or until the dough has formed a uniform mass and pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl..
- Dust your work surface with flour. Turn dough onto the work surface and shape into a ball..
- Ferment dough for 5–8 hours in a covered container..
- Using a scale, divide the dough into 230g portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Pour a dollop of olive oil into the palm of your hand, and lightly roll each ball on the countertop to cover with oil. This helps the dough retain moisture as it rests in the next step..
- Transfer dough to the fridge and chill, uncovered, for 10–30 minutes. Cover with an airtight lid and let rest overnight in the fridge..
- Proof in warm room until dough is relaxed and ready to stretch, about 20 minutes..
- Each pie should be about 36–40 cm (14–15 in) across..