Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake. Place cake mix, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Stop machine; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. In a bowl, add and sift all the dry ingredients.
It is made by caramelizing sugar and adding cashews to it for the crunch. It is set to cool down, crushed, and then used to fill the cake. In a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. You can have Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake
- It's 1.5 cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 4 tbsps of Butterscotch [Recipe from Simple recipe dot com].
- You need 1 of egg whole.
- It's 1.5 tsps of Baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of yogurt thick.
- It's 20 - 24 of cashews roasted chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need of Milk As needed.
- You need 1 of Loaf Pan.
- Prepare of Non stick paper.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in dry cake mix. Fold the whipped egg whites into the cake batter a third at a time. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir together the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and water.
Roasted Cashew and Butterscotch cake instructions
- Prepare the butter scotch ahead as we cant use it hot. Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Mix yogurt, Sauce, oil, egg and keep aside. In another bowl, mix Flour, Baking powder, cashews and Baking soda..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mix. Mix well with a spatula. In case the mix seems dry, add a tbsp of milk at a time. We want the batter to be thick but certainly not pour-able..
- Line a loaf tin with non stick paper and lightly grease it too. Transfer the batter to the tin and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until the top is nice and brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and slice..
Stir until the mixture comes to a simmer and the butterscotch chips are melted. Sprinkle the cashews over the butterscotch caramel. Melt butterscotch chips and butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Add melted butterscotch and butter mixture to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk until fully combined.