Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake. Pour cheese mixture over cake batter and swirl together with a knife. (there's a lot of cheese mixture so I just pour it on top before swirling) Sprinkle cherries over cake. Sour Cherry Cake This is a true pound cake in that it uses no leavening such as baking soda or baking powder to make it rise, but instead relies solely on the airiness of the fluffy egg-rich batter. Make the cakes: Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Top with cherries, and sprinkle with crumb topping. The tender vanilla cake is complemented by juicy, fresh sour cherries, and the crumb topping. It adds a bit of texture and spice. You can cook Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake
- Prepare of Streusel Topping (see my page for recipe).
- It's 2 cups of frozen cherries.
- Prepare of Cake Layer.
- You need 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of cheese layer.
- It's 8 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It's 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare of Reserved cherry juice.
Together, those three components make this cake completely irresistible. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to remaining crumb mixture. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake instructions
- Thaw cherries reserving liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes..
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat mixture an additional 5 minutes. Will resemble frosting..
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Alternate adding flour and buttermilk. To the egg mixture. Start and end with dry ingredients, mixing just until blended..
- Spread cake batter into prepared pan. It will be thick..
- To make cheese layer whip all ingredients except the flour until smooth. next, add the flour and mix until blended..
- Pour cheese mixture over cake batter and swirl together with a knife. (there's a lot of cheese mixture so I just pour it on top before swirling).
- Sprinkle cherries over cake..
- Sprinkle streusel topping over cherries..
- Place on center rack in oven and bake 35-45 minutes. You'll know it's done when the house fills with the smell of this cake. Insert a skewer to test. When it comes out clean it's fully baked..
Beat in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and sour cream until blended. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cherry juice until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice, food coloring and reserved cherries. Carefully spread sour cream mixture over dough, then distribute cherries over sour cream. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over cherries.