Basic Baking Mix. Culinary School lecture of Basic Baking Mixing methods. Learn techniques to baking and understand the "whys" behind the way products are mixed together. Line cupcake pan with muffin cups.
Baking mixes that cater to particular dietary needs, such as gluten-free baking mixes or kosher baking mixes, can be bought in many places. This is a basic biscuit baking mix recipe. It's an easy, budget-friendly alternative to commercial Combine the baking mix and milk in a bowl and stir until it comes together. You can cook Basic Baking Mix using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Baking Mix
- It's 10 C. of Flour, sifted.
- It's 1.33 C. of Milk, dry (non-fat).
- Prepare 4 Tbs. of Baking powder.
- It's 4 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 2 C. of Shortening or unsalted Butter*.
- Prepare of Use shortening for extended shelf life (3 months). Unsalted butter mix must be used immediately or refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- You need of For small batches use: 2.5 cups Flour, 1/3 cup dry Milk, 1 Tbs. Baking powder, 1 tsp Salt, 1/2 cup Shortening/unsalted Butter.
- You need of Recipes that use this basic baking mix:.
- Prepare of QF (Quick Fix) Basic Biscuits with Cinnamon and Blueberry variations (see recipe).
Place baking mix in a large bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in cold butter until it's the size of small peas. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients with optional add-ins and stir until evenly moistened. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine Use Basic Baking Mix in Baking Powder Biscuits Muffins Pancakes Waffles or Granola Bread.
Basic Baking Mix instructions
- Utensils needed: Extra large bowl, wooden spoon, pastry blender (or two butter knives), airtight container for storage..
- In extra large bowl, stir together: flour, dry milk, baking powder, and salt..
- With pastry blender (or knives), cut in shortening* until coarse crumbs form..
- Store in airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months, unless made with butter (3 weeks in refrigerator). With each use, stir before measuring..
I like pancakes and waffles once in a while, and biscuits and other baked items. What I don't like is the time it takes to get out all the ingredients, mix it up, and clean flour from every. Sift dry ingredients until well mixed. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork. All the ways you can mix baking ingredients and the basic mixing methods that are commonly used in most recipes, like the muffin or the creaming method.