Buffalo Tender Pita.
You can cook Buffalo Tender Pita using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buffalo Tender Pita
- You need 1 of "Buffalo-Coconut Chicken Tenders" (see my recipes) Omit coconut, add 1/4 C more fried onions.
- Prepare 2 of pita pockets.
- You need 2 of juicing lemons; zested & juiced.
- It's 2 T of fresh parsley; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato; seeded & thick halved moon julienne.
- You need 1/8 of green bell pepper; julienned & halved.
- It's 1/4 of cucumber; thin half moons.
- Prepare of Hummus; as needed.
- Prepare 2/3 C of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 T of fresh mint; minced.
- It's 1/4 of cucumber; grated & juice squeezed out and discarded.
- It's 1 of large pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
Buffalo Tender Pita step by step
- Combine tomato, green pepper, 1 T parsley, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and the half moon cut cucumbers with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine..
- Combine yogurt, 1 T parsley, mint, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, grated cucumber, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir with a fork to combine..
- Briefly toast pitas. Open with a knife if necessary to fully open pocket. Spread hummus. Put 1.5 tenders in each pita. Top each tender with desired amount of parsley-tomato salad then yogurt sauce..
- Variations; Tahini, bulgur, couscous, flavored hummus, sriracha, tabouleh, babaghanoush, eggplant, fennel seed, sumac, chicken breast or schwarma, kifta, lamb, turmeric, jalapeño, tzatziki, falafel, chickpeas, steak, roasted bell peppers, sesame seeds, feta, oregano, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, cumin, cayenne, olive oil, mint, tamarind, shallots, habanero, paprika, curry, grilled veggies, crushed pepper flakes, dried sriracha, coriander seed, roasted grape or cherry tomatoes, ginger, lime, honey, peanut, flatbread wraps, sun dried tomatoes.