Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus). Use up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt.
Alternatively, make the recipe vegetarian by. If you've just wrapped up a chicken dinner, don't toss the carcass! Follow these simple instructions from CHOW Associate Food Editor Christine Gallary to. You can cook Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup
- It's 1 portion of Comfy Chicken Paprika (see my Cookpad recipe), = 2 cooked chicken thighs and 250-350 ml of the sauce but a little more the merrier!.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- It's 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of potato, unpeeled but diced.
- It's 2 of carrots, unpeeled but diced.
- You need 1 litre of chicken stock (I used Knorr Stock Pots).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Ground black pepper.
Here, nine terrific soups to make with leftover chicken. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? From classic chicken noodle to fantastic a Vietnamese-inspired version, here are nine amazing soups that take advantage of leftover roast chicken. Homemade chicken soup (using leftover chicken!) is so much fresher, tastier, and better for you than canned.
Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the leek and onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Then add the stock, stirring well to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on a fast simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and whizz to a smooth consistency..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
This leftover chicken soup recipe is naturally gluten free. Who else is comfort food cooking this week? Me, I might just be doing a little bit of stress cooking… But at least it's both cathartic and. A leftover chicken, a couple of carrots and potatoes, some green beans, and an onion are all you need. Any leftovers of this soup can be strained and used as chicken stock.