Lasagna. Recipes and tips for terrific lasagna. Get traditional Italian versions and vegetarian lasagna recipes. The ultimate comfort food lasagna, with layers of rich homemade meat sauce, creamy béchamel sauce , noodles , cheese and fresh mozzarella.
It is possibly one of the most loved foods in the whole wide world, and There is just something so sentimental about lasagna, so comforting. These homemade lasagna recipes feature layer upon layer of tender noodles, cheese, sauces, and Whatever your lasagna preference, be it traditional, vegetarian, quick and easy, or unconventional. These lasagna recipes (some vegan, others stuffed full of meat and cheese) prove just how much flavor can be stacked between sheets of pasta. You can have Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It's of For the Ragú (meat filling).
- It's 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of laurel leave.
- It's 700 gr of minced beef (can also be mix of pork and beef).
- It's 1 kg of passata di pomodoro (better with basil).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of concentrate tomato paste.
- It's 1 of mozzarella di bufala (optional but soooo much better ;P).
- It's of Grated parmigiano reggiano (enough to cover 3-4 layers in your oven plate).
- You need 1-2 of stock cubes (meat) - can be replaced by salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1-2 glasses of red wine.
- You need 1 of gentle cube of butter (for the oven plate).
- It's of For Lasagna:.
- It's of Béchamel (enough to slightly cover every layer): this is optional and you can get your favorite recipe from cookpad ;).
- Prepare of Dry lasagna pasta (deCecco, Opera or other brand recommended by an italian or found in italian food store - preferably that does not need previous cooking).
It's pretty hard to mess up lasagna, but there are a few things to keep in mind. First of all, if you're using those fancy no-boil noodles, all bets are off. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products.
Lasagna step by step
- For Bolognese:.
- Grind onion, carrot and garlic, small but not to a paste.
- Put oil in big frying pan (enough to cover the whole surface), medium fire.
- Pour the ground vegetables and cook until carrot is tender (~5min).
- Add meat, let it cook a bit and then add the red wine (just enough to cover the meat, 1 glass should be enough but depends on your frying pan size).
- When red wine has been absorbed, add the stock cubes (or salt and pepper) and mix well.
- Add the passata di pomodoro, the concentrate tomato paste and the laurel leave. Cover the pan and let it cook in low fire until done (at least 1h).
- The Lasagna magic:.
- Heat oven at 170C (~340F).
- Rub butter all around the surface of your deep oven plate.
- Put a layer of dry lasagne pasta, one of bolognese, a bit of béchamel, a bit of the mozzarela di buffala and enough grated parmigiano to slightly cover the layer. Repeat until the oven plate is full (usually 3-4 layers). The top layer has pasta, then just béchamel and parmigiano on the top.
- Put in oven and let cook the time and heat the pasta instructions say (usually 170C/340F, 30 min, both up & down).
- Change to gratin mode for the last 5 minutes for an extra touch.
- If you can resist, leave it rest a bit after heating... Lasagna is better the more time the pasta has to absorb the bolognese ;).
It couldn't be easier to make. Lasagne (a plural form of Lasagna) is wide and flat pasta. It is a culinary dish prepared with stacked layers of pasta modified with sauces and ingredients such as vegetables, meats and cheese and. From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic لَوْزِينَج (lawzīnaj, "almond cake").