Taquitos (Flautas). Keep tortillas wrapped in towel while making taquitos so they don't dry out. Place one tortilla on the counter in front of you and add shredded meat mixture in a line across the tortilla on the side closest to you, but not all the way on the edge. A taquito (Spanish pronunciation: , Spanish for "small taco"), tacos dorados, rolled taco, or flauta (Spanish pronunciation: , Spanish for "flute") is a Mexican food dish that typically consists of a small rolled-up tortilla that contains filling, including beef, cheese or chicken.
Mexican Beef Crispy Taquitos (Flautas) Beef Taquitos. Those flautas were long, thick and cooked in a mix of vegetable oil and lard topped with a spicy jalapeno sauce. If you live close to some areas of Chicago, Texas, and California you can buy these tortillas at the Tortilla Factories. You can cook Taquitos (Flautas) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taquitos (Flautas)
- Prepare 4 each of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- It's 20 small of tortillas.
- You need 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of tomatoes sliced into rings.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped lettuce.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted salsa (in my recipes).
- You need 1 bunch of toothpicks.
But we are using regular corn tortillas as many people in. Flautas and taquitos (also called tacos dorados) can be difficult to tell apart and decipher what makes them different. They are very similar, and the terms are used interchangeably depending on geographical location and personal preference. Both are filled and rolled tortillas that are fried until crisp and topped with condiments such as guacamole and sour cream.
Taquitos (Flautas) step by step
- Boil the chicken breast with garlic, seasoned salt, 1/2 onion. Shred once it's done (let it cool off a bit).
- In a somewhat deep pan heat up the oil.
- In a flat pan or a Comal heat up some tortillas and wrap them lightly in a towel to keep warm. (Do a few at a time).
- Grab one warm tortilla and lightly stuff with chicken. Roll it and pin it with a toothpick.( Do a few).
- Add the tortilla rolls to the hot oil turning once until lightly browned ( do not over do it or they will get hard).
- Set standing up in a bowl on a paper towel to absorb excess oil or at an angle on a plate..
- Slice the remaining onion into half rings.
- Remove toothpick and serve. Topped with sour cream, onion, tomatoes, lettuce and salsa.
Traditionally I do believe Flautas are made with flour tortillas and Taquitos with corn tortillas. At least in Southern California these would be considered taquitos. I used cooked left over chicken. Minced the onion and bell pepper small. Cooked the onion, bell pepper - added the chicken and taco seasoning and cooked a bit.