Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. Use up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt. Use up leftover chicken in this fruity, spicy sarnie - swap mayonnaise for Greek yogurt in. Got boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your freezer?
Make a batch of peanut dressing. Ready made pie crusts make this homestyle Chicken pot pie recipe super easy. Ramp up the flavour profile with garlic, coriander, lime, cumin and chilli, and crumble over creamy feta to finish. You can cook Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup
- Prepare 1 portion of Comfy Chicken Paprika (see my Cookpad recipe), = 2 cooked chicken thighs and 250-350 ml of the sauce but a little more the merrier!.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- You need 1 of leek, sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of potato, unpeeled but diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, unpeeled but diced.
- You need 1 litre of chicken stock (I used Knorr Stock Pots).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
Taste soup and add salt to taste. Place a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium-high heat, and add the butter. Melt and swirl regularly until the butter is browned and smells nutty and fragrant and the milk solids have also browned. Add the beef, paprika, dried basil, and salt and pepper, and stir and crush the ingredients until they are browned.
Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the leek and onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Then add the stock, stirring well to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on a fast simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and whizz to a smooth consistency..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
Once the soup is cooked and simmered, then comes the fun. Load it up with grated cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, buttery soft avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno, and fresh scallions. This recipe calls for chicken thighs, but when we make tortilla soup, we often use leftovers from a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken breast. This Smoked Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious way to use up leftover smoked chicken or turkey! It's packed with healthy ingredients like black beans, tomatoes, corn, and peppers, this tortilla soup packs a smoky punch from smoked chicken and smoked paprika, thickened with a masa slurry that adds a toasty corn flavor to the whole thing.