Fennel and Orange Salad. Place the fennel slices, oranges slices and arugula in a large bowl. Place the sliced fennel in a salad bowl. Slice oranges to divide flesh sections and add to bowl.
Following the curve of the fruit, cut away the peel and white pith. Combine salad, oranges, fennel and olives in large bowl. Toss with Fresh Orange Dressing, to coat, as desired. You can cook Fennel and Orange Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fennel and Orange Salad
- You need 1/2 of to 3 stalks Fennel or celery, as desired.
- Prepare 1 of Orange.
- It's 1 tsp of Ginger juice (may be omitted).
- You need 1 tbsp of Nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Orange juice.
- It's 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It's of Toppings (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 2 of Olives.
- Prepare 6 of to 10 Cranberries.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Christmas Spice Mix https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/153795-christmas-spice-mix.
Place the fennel and orange in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; sprinkle with poppyseeds and salt. Chill and serve over a bed of arugula. Using either a sharp knife or mandolin, slice the fennel very thinly, then place in the bowl with the orange segments.
Fennel and Orange Salad instructions
- Thinly slice the fennel. Celery is also detoxifying, so you can use it instead..
- Peel the orange. Use a knife to cut from the top to the bottom. Squeeze the fruit with membranes and cut. Don't throw out the squeezed fruit..
- Add a bit of oil at a time to the 2 tablespoons of orange juice to emulsify. Add salt and pepper..
- Add the ginger juice, fennel, and oranges and mix. Let sit for about 30 minutes..
- Top with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or nuts..
- Top with cottage cheese and olives..
- Sprinkle on some Christmas spice mix, cranberries, and cashews on top..
In a small bowl. whisk together the lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and mint. Add the onions and olives to the bowl with the fennel, then drizzle the dressing over everything. Gently toss, then arrange salad on a platter. Make the salad dressing by mixing the orange juice from half the orange, the lemon juice, an. It features beautiful juicy oranges, with their vibrant color and citrusy flavor.