Grandma's Simple Inari Sushi. Make sushi rice (add sushi seasonings over steamed rice). I love packing Inari Sushi in the bento box with some vegetables for a simple quick lunch. For dinner, you can serve Inari Sushi with other sushi, along with soy sauce and wasabi as a dipping. 【Inari Sushi】or Inari-Zushi How to make Fried Tofu pouch with Sushi Rice.
Inari sushi is rice in a fried tofu pocket. Typically, there's only rice in the pockets but here I've added a furikake topping. You may pre-form the rice like so or take bits of rice at a time and fill the pockets. You can have Grandma's Simple Inari Sushi using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Simple Inari Sushi
- It's 5 of pieces Thin aburaage.
- It's 300 ml of ○ Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ○ Sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of ○ Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○ Mirin.
- It's 1 of approximately 225 grams Sushi rice: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/188111-our-easy-reduced-sodium-sushi-rice.
Inari sushi is a simple style of sushi made of sweetened rice packed into pouches of seasoned aburaage (deep-fried tofu) pouches. Its exact origins are unknown, though its namesake is a reference to Inari. Most simple inari sushi do not contain any meat or fish, only "aburaage" and "sumeshi (vinegar flavoured rice)". I have written "Inari sushi", but it is more correctly pronounced "Inari zushi(いなり寿司:いなりずし)".
Grandma's Simple Inari Sushi step by step
- Remove the excess oil from the aburaage (by pouring hot water or with a paper towel). Roll a chopstick over them, slice in half, then use the tip of the chopstick to peel the layers to form pockets..
- Place all the ○ ingredients into a large pot and once it boils, add the aburaage. Alternate low to high heat while boiling (7 to 8 minutes)..
- When most of the broth has evaporated, remove from heat to cool the aburaage. Lightly squeeze out the excess cooking liquid and pack with sushi rice..
- If you have leftover aburaage, top on a bowl of udon or soba noodles..
The pronunciation changes depending on the characters used and. Just rice balls inside a deep-fried tofu bag, enjoy! Sushi rice is stuffed inside pouches of fried tofu! A delicious snack from Japan for any day of the week. Inarizushi (Inari Sushi). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.