Rustic Jalapeño Poppers. Rustic Jalapeño Poppers ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter with french fried onions and toss to combine.. Jalapeño poppers are perhaps the pinnacle of sports bar snacks, Spicy, cheesy and fried, they hit the beer drinkin' trifecta.
But they're terrible for you, and when you order them out, they're usually revived from frozen oblivion through the use of hot oil. We here at Tasted are committed to helping you cook like less of a wuss. Remove jalapeños from grill and top with chopped bacon, chives and lemon zest. You can cook Rustic Jalapeño Poppers using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rustic Jalapeño Poppers
- It's 12 of jalapeños; split lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 cup of "Kicked Up Cream Cheese" see my recipes.
- It's 1 cup of french fried onions.
- It's 1 stick of butter; melted.
MIx the softened cream cheese with the grated cheddar cheese. Divide the cheese mixture between the jalapeño halves. Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each popper with the bacon and secure the ends with a toothpick.
Rustic Jalapeño Poppers instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter with french fried onions and toss to combine. Set aside..
- Stuff each jalapeño with cream cheese mixture. Leave ribs & seeds in jalapeño for spicy kick, but remove to mellow. (Roast jalapeños prior to stuffing for alternate texture & flavor..
- Cover each jalapeño with french fried onion mixture. Bake uncovered at 400° for approximately 10 minutes, or until onions are crispy and caramelized..
These jalapeno poppers are stuffed with a spiced mixture of cream cheese and white cheddar cheese, then baked until the cheese is nice and melty. This is the ultimate game day or party treat! Jalapeno Poppers in restaurants are great, but we're here to teach you how to make them at home anytime you want them. And, you won't need to limit yourself to cream cheese and bacon. Don't get us wrong - cream cheese filled jalapeno poppers and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are among the greatest foods on earth.