Fish Biscuits, (American Biscuits). Great recipe for Fish and Egg Biscuits (American biscuits). It seems we never run out of things to make with leftovers. Swai is such a mild tasting fish and very meaty it's perfect for the biscuits and eggs.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. Here is how you achieve that. Using a small fish cookie cutter, cut enough fish biscuits to fill your cookie sheet. You can cook Fish Biscuits, (American Biscuits) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Biscuits, (American Biscuits)
- You need 8 of large biscuits see my recipes for biscuits or store bought.
- It's 2 pounds of Swai, fish.
- It's 2 cups of breading for fish.
- Prepare as needed of oil to fry, I used sunflower oil.
- It's 4 tablespoons of tartar sauce batch 88 see my recipe for this.
Place the fish biscuits on a cooling rack and after a minute or two enjoy! Tip the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and a good pinch of salt into a large bowl or food processor. Rub in the butter with your fingers or whizz in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Stir in the buttermilk until you get a moist dough.
Fish Biscuits, (American Biscuits) instructions
- Heat oil.
- Bread the fish and fry..
- When done move to some paper towels to absorb excessive oils.
- Bake the biscuits..
- Add fish and tartar sauce to biscuits.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Now, biscuit placement is key to getting good rise out of the biscuits. This should give enough air between the biscuits to allow even heating, but not so much space that the biscuits spread out when they rise. This is because American Biscuits aren't anything like UK biscuits. Cookies are what American't call UK biscuits. And not just the chewy soft ones.