Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls). Sushi rolls, or 'makizushi' in Japanese, are what most non-Japanese people think of when they think of sushi. This recipe shows you how to make a basic uramaki inside out sushi roll. Great for making multiple ones with your favourite fillings.
Feel free to choose whatever you want. Wishing you a very Merry Xmas and Happy New Years with this super tasty Raw Vegan Inside Out Sushi Recipe that uses my secret trick to make the rice stick! Sushi Chef Marisa Baggett demonstrates the technique for creating inside out sushi rolls.www.marisabaggett.com. You can cook Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls)
- It's of Sushi Rice *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice.
- Prepare of Nori (Seaweed Sheets).
- It's of <Filling Suggestions>.
- It's of Cucumber & Wasabi.
- Prepare of Carrot (cooked in salted water).
- Prepare of Avocado.
- Prepare of Canned Tuna and Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need of Omelette.
- Prepare of Boiled Prawns.
- Prepare of Takuan (Japanese Pickled Daikon).
- You need of Unagi Kabayaki (Grilled & Seasoned Eel).
- It's of Ham.
- It's of Radish Sprouts.
- It's of Smoked Salmon.
- Prepare of Fresh Sashimi.
- You need of Chicken Teriyaki.
- Prepare of Today I used Carrot, Cucumber, Omelette and Kanpyō.
The inside out sushi roll (or Uramaki, 裏巻), is more common in the west than in Japan and is very popular in western sushi bars. Cover the rolling mat with a plastic wrap starting with the round side, and ending with it. You need plastic food wrap as well as 'Makisu' (bamboo mat) to make these Inside-out Sushi Rolls. Uramaki (inside-out rolls) is an interesting way to make westernized sushi rolls.
Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) instructions
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet evenly. You may wish to sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds or finely chopped herbs over the rice..
- Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on the Sushi Rice and gently press down. Flip over so that Nori is facing upward, and place on the Makisu (bamboo mat)..
- Place some filling on the Nori, then start to roll. Lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over the filling, and roll tightly forward to the end, peeling off the plastic food wrap from the rice. Tightly wrap the sushi roll with the plastic food wrap..
- Cut the sushi roll wrapped in the plastic food wrap with a sharp knife into bite sized pieces. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel. *Tips: Slightly wet the knife makes cutting a lot easier..
- Remove the plastic wrap from sushi pieces, and arrange them on a serving plate..
- It is much easier to make thin Maki-zushi rolls than thick ones. To do this, you may have to cut your Nori sheets in half, and use one filling for each roll..
Read this article to find out how it's different and Uramaki is a Japanese term that literally means inside-out. This is a westernized style of sushi roll with rice on the outside and. Rolls (also known as maki) are the most common way to enjoy sushi. We will show you how to make Uramaki sushi. Other than sashimi,…» Uramaki ~~~ The "Inside-Out" Maki Roll Rice on the Outside, Nori on the Inside.