You can cook Crispy Onion using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Onion
- It's of Yellow onion.
- You need of Buttermilk.
- Prepare of Tempura mix (find the recipe on my cookpad).
- You need of Frying oil.
Crispy Onion instructions
- If you don't have buttermilk in hand, make yourself by mixing 1 tbs vinegar, pour it in a one cup measuring cup, then fill it up with milk. Make buttermilk as much as needed to soak the onion..
- Slice the onion thinly and in same thickness. I used a food processor to do this job by using 1 mm blade..
- Soak the sliced onion in buttermilk for one hour. This is important step that needed. I tried once without doing this step and just coat the onion with the flour mix, they turned out not crispy..
- Drain the sliced onion, then get a handfull of onion and coat it really well with my homemade tempura mix (recipe is on #pib_tempuramix or find "HOMEMADE TEMPURA MIX" on my cookpad)..
- Heat the frying oil over medium heat until really hot..
- Fry onion in batches, stirring as needed, until evenly golden browned. Drain on paper towels and let them cool. Store in an airtight container..