Israeli cold fruit soup by Wiki recipes adapted by Leah Ellias. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. This is inspired by a recipe for traditional Hawaij. A great and simple blend of spices that has become one of our favorite general seasonings.
This is a list of notable cold soups. Soups have been made since ancient times. In warm climates, or in summer, many cultures make traditional cold soups. You can have Israeli cold fruit soup by Wiki recipes adapted by Leah Ellias using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Israeli cold fruit soup by Wiki recipes adapted by Leah Ellias
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour red cherries, pitted, halved.
- It's 1 cup of peaches, peel/slice.
- You need 1 cup of Pitted plums chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Green Apple, grated.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- It's 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of 2-inch cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 4 of whl cloves.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt, optional.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It's 3 of tbl water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Half-and-half.
- You need 3 of tbl Sabra liqueur.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
- You need 1 of sweet cherries.
These soups tend to be lighter than winter soups and typically contain less fat and meat per serving. Combine all the ingredients except the sour cream. Puree or force through a sieve. The Best Israeli Soup Recipes on Yummly
Israeli cold fruit soup by Wiki recipes adapted by Leah Ellias step by step
- Combine fruits, Sugar, water, lemon juice, spices and salt in 8 quart saucepan. Cook 20 minutes until fruits are tender..
- Discard cinnamon stick and cloves and force fruit mixture through sieve or food mill. (Blender can be used but don't blend too long as it will become watery. Use on an off chopping motions)..
- Mix together cornstarch and water and stir into puree..
- Reheat and cook, stirring until slightly thickened..
- Cool and add half-and-half and Sabra..
- Chill thoroughly; adjust with more Sabra and/or lemon juice. Serve in chilled compote glasses with dollops of sour cream topped with a cherry..
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup, Blt Soup. Would you like any meat in the recipe? (Redirected from Swedish fruit soup). Fruktsoppa (Swedish: fruktsoppa, Norwegian: søt suppe) is a fruit soup that is typically prepared using dried fruits, and usually served as a dessert dish. The dish has been described as a "cold fruit pudding." It is a traditional dessert in Sweden and Norway. I always try to post recipes that are for everyone, and not just for a select group of people.