Zold family Pumpkin Pie!. Try my zold family pumkin pie!! Beat the flesh with a hand-held mixer until fairly smooth. Family favorite made with real pumpkin.
Now you can whip up a pie at any time! Add in other ingredients to the bowl. Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to fully incorporate the spices and get rid of any lumps. You can have Zold family Pumpkin Pie! using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zold family Pumpkin Pie!
- You need of pie crust.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 stick of salted cold butter.
- It's 1 of between 4 and 6 tablespoons of ice cold water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of filling.
- You need 1 can of 15.oz 100% pure pumkin*NOT pumpkin pie mix.
- It's 1 can of 14.oz sweetened condensed milk*can not be substituted for evaporated milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp of pumkin pie spice*I like a lot you can use less if you do not, most recipes call for around 13/4 to 2 tsp..that doesn't do it for me, it's up to you.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
Add in the pumpkin, eggs and condensed milk and make sure you mix to fully blend all ingredients. Pour contents of bowl into pie shell and place into the oven. Bake until center is firm, but no color is on the custard. This is the only pumpkin pie recipe I've ever used.
Zold family Pumpkin Pie! instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°f.
- For pie crust sift all dry ingredients together.
- Dice up your butter and cut it into your dry ingredients with a fork until it is well distributed. It should resemble the texture of corn meal..
- Add in 4 tbs cold water and mix, keep adding just until you dough comes together, this is tricky you don't want too much water in here so as soon as your dough is together stop adding the water.it took me 6 tbs..
- Roll your dough out into a circle and place over a 9 inch pie dish.
- Flute your edges and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together all of ingredients with hand mixer for about a minute or until well combined.
- Gently pour into pie crust and put it in the preheated oven set at 425 for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes put a pie crust sheild or make one out of a square of foil and place it on the crust.
- Turn your oven down to 350°f Return it to the oven and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until an inserted butter n if on the edge comes out clean.
- The pie might be a tad jiggly in the middle still. That is fine it Will firm up when you pie is cooling.
- Enjoy and follow me for more great recipes:).
It's been in the family for at least sixty years! Since, in our family, one pie is never enough, I like to triple the filling recipe and divide it into two pie shells, since, as my Mom always says, "No body likes a skimpy pie!" (Of course, this will add a few minutes to the baking time, too.) This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition. Stir in half the COOL WHIP.