Chicken Tikka Masala. Chicken Tikka Masala/ Chicken Tikka Gravy. Proper Chicken Tikka Masala served at good Indian restaurants is made with yoghurt marinated chicken which is then chargrilled so it has that gorgeous smokey flavour. This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala--chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce.
This chicken tikka masala recipe is easy and delicious. It's easy to confuse these two Indian dishes: they're both chicken in a creamy, tomato-based, spicy sauce. Chicken Tikka Masala is absolutely one of my favorite dishes! You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- You need 1 of Clove.
- It's 2 of Cardamon Pods.
- Prepare of Small piece of Cinnamon (2cm).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Mild Madras Curry Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- It's 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of natural yoghurt (not Greek style).
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato purée (mixed with a little water).
- It's 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander.
- It's 8 of Chicken Tikka pieces (add more if desired).
- It's 100 ml of Single Cream.
- Prepare 1 portion of base gravy (see my other recipes for this).
I've made this recipe a few times and I've finally perfected the flavor. It was really helpful reading all the comments in the reviews. With homemade curry paste. "This brilliant Anglo-Indian chicken curry recipe is sure to make people very happy. " Chicken Tikka Masala - tender chunks of marinated chargrilled chicken in a creamy mild sauce with garlic, ginger and spices. Kids and adults alike LOVE this dish.
Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, cloves and Cardamon pods. Fry these for two minutes on a medium heat and then remove them from the oil..
- Add ginger, garlic and other spices to the oil. Cook for 1 minute and then add the tomato purée and cook for a further few minutes and the add the salt..
- Add a portion of base gravy (around 2 ladles full). You can find the recipient for the base gravy in my other recipes. Mix this together and then add the natural yoghurt and coconut milk. Reduce this to a thicker consistency and then add the sugar..
- Add in the pre-cooked chicken Tikka pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes. Start adding the single cream bit by bit until you reach your desired consistency..
- Add most of the coriander (keeping some back for dressing your dishes) and cook until the sauce is a slightly thicker consistency..
This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is so easy to make right at home using simple and delicious ingredients including spices, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, cream, and butter. Chicken tikka masala is a great introduction to cooking Indian food. Although it's not as traditional as most curries, it's flavorful and easy to make at home. Start by marinating chicken in seasoned. Chicken Tikka Masala is made in two parts with a spiced yogurt and lemon marinade on the chicken and a creamy tomato spiced sauce that are combined after cooking much like Butter chicken.