Cabbage and Meatballs. Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add tomato juice. Cover and simmer over low heat. Meanwhile, combine the egg, onion, chili powder, vinegar, pickle, salt and pepper.
Add easy barley and mushroom pilaf or Hungarian stuffed peppers and Hungarian fried bread (Langos) for a real Eastern European feast. Just don't forget the sour cream! In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and black pepper. You can cook Cabbage and Meatballs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Meatballs
- It's 24 ounces of cooked beef meatballs see my recipes of meatballs.
- It's 5 pounds of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke.
- You need 3 teaspoons of salt.
- It's 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 quart of beef broth.
Spoon cranberry sauce over the meatballs and add remaining cabbage The classic meat and rice "stuffing" takes the form of meatballs here — made more healthful with brown rice — and the cabbage is simply chopped and sauteed in the same pot the meatballs are browned. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and heat for a minute. Add in onion, garlic, cabbage, curry powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Follow the rest of the directions, omitting the meatballs.) Cut up cabbage and place on top of patties.
Cabbage and Meatballs step by step
- Let this cook for 30 minutes. Add the meatballs stirring them in cover and simmer..
- The cabbage will start to shrink from cooking. Add half the salt and liquid smoke. Cover and cook..
- Chop the cabbage. Add the beef broth to the pot. Bring the beef broth to boil. Add the cabbage. Cover and allow to cook. After 15 minutes stir from the bottom up..
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
- You can add a splash of red wine vinegar or hot vinegar sauce per serving if you like..
Pour tomato sauce over onions, cabbage and meatballs. Add just enough water to almost cover cabbage. Place half the chopped cabbage in the crock. These Cabbage Roll Meatballs have the same great flavor and are ready in minutes, not HOURS! Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end.