Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos. A pork belly is big enough that you can make more than one thing out of it. We had Maciek from Grillin' With Dad come walk us through the critical temps on. Watch as I show you how I make my shredded pork tacos.
Authentic shredded pork tacos recipe with step by step instructions to guide you through. Lots of pictures to show you how. Shredded pork tacos are awesome and this recipe is fabulous! You can have Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos
- It's 1 (2.5 lb) of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- You need 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth [use 1.5+].
- Prepare 1 of Mexican Beer.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Diced Green Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Diced White Onion [+ reserves].
- It's 1/2 of LG Diced Red Onion [+ reserves].
- You need 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [or more].
- Prepare 2 of Small Oranges [halved - divided].
- It's 2 of Limes [halved - divided + reserves].
- It's 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- You need 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [+ reserves].
- You need 2 tbsp of Cumin [divided].
- It's 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It's 1 (10 oz) of Can Tomiitillas [hand crushed].
- It's 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It's 1 Head of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- You need of ● Garnishes & Side Options.
- You need of Shreadded Cabbage.
- Prepare of Sliced Radishes.
- Prepare of Sliced Avocados.
- You need of Lime Quarters.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Red & Green Salsas [see my EZ recipes].
- You need Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- It's of Chilled Guacamole [see my EZ recipe].
- Prepare of Shreadded Cheeses.
- It's of Sliced Jalapeños.
- Prepare of Warmed 6 " Tortillas [flour or corn].
Start by searing chunks of pork loin roast and then slow cook it with Mexican seasonings until it shreds. Marcela Valladolid stews pork shoulder with citrus, pineapple and achiote paste-a seasoning blend from the Yucatan region of Mexico-for a vibrant, bright Let the pork cool slightly before shredding. Using two forks or with clean hands, shred the pork. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker.
Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos instructions
- Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here..
- Add1 1/2 boxes chicken broth, 1 bottle Mexican beer,1 tbsp Cumin, 1 halved lime, 1 halved orange and 1 two pound pork roast to a large pot. SImmer on high for 1 hour covered..
- In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate until needed..
- After 1 hour, add your primary ingredients [everything except for reserves] and seasonings to your simmering pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer. Or, until pork is falling apart. Add reserved 1 tbsp Cumin last..
- Strain your solids from your broth and reserve both separately. Fork shred your pork roast. I reserve the fluids for the following day to rehydrate any leftovers..
- Place a small amount of your broth back into your shreadded pork, mix and seal tightly until ready to fry..
- Add some lard to a high heated pan. You're wanting to put a sear or char on one side of your pork mixture. Much like Carnitas..
- Add your pork mixture to your heated pan. Allow any fluids to dissipate and a char to form on the bottom. Add salt at this point if you'd like..
- To Construct Tacos: Smear 1/2 side of tortilla with sour cream and the other with guacamole. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly..
- Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice..
- Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like..
- Prepare tacos for service and offer lime wedges, green and red salsas as well as other fresh vegetables to the side. Enjoy!.
- My students also made FANTASTIC school lunches with all the sides out of this easy recipe too! Green & red salsas, cheeses, guacamole, tortillas, herbs, limes, shreadded cabbage, sour cream, meats - the works!.
Shredded Pork Tacos packed with Mexican flavours topped with dairy free chipotle sauce and served in a lettuce wrap (grain/gluten free, Paleo & SCD). I had always assumed that shredded pork was a dish that only those with a fancy smoker could make, but it turns out that all you need is a big pot and. These slow-cooked pork tacos are bound to be a Sunday-night favorite. This amalgamation of recipes produces a very mild shredded pork taco filling: tasty, but not as intensely Mexican as one might prefer. Shredded pork tacos are an easy, affordable way to switch up taco night and have plenty of leftovers for lunch or another dinner.