Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust. Add fried lemon grass, ginger, cayenne pepper and previously processed salt to shake well together. Finally, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lettuce and cucumber. Served with salt, sugar, black pepper and lime dipping sauce.
One of them is Roasted Crab with Salt and Satay (Cua Rang Muối Ớt). This is a delicious dish and have strange flavor for many people. From many amazing Vietnamese Food Recipes, today I want to introduce one way to create a stunning snack meal for your family. You can cook Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust
- Prepare 4 of whole fresh crabs.
- It's 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- It's 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder.
- It's 3 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 teaspoons of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of Some cooking oil or fat.
- You need How to make salt mixture: of rice, glutinous rice, peeled mung beans, 1 pinch of roasted coarse sea salt, pound and sieve in advance and set aside in a jar to use later in other roasted salt recipes.
- Prepare 5 roots of lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 of cayenne peppers.
- It's 1 knob of knob ginger.
You can also crack the claws. Remove the crab from the oil and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Lightly coat a large wok or pan with vegetable oil and heat on medium high. Toss in the green onions, garlic, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust instructions
- Slice cayenne pepper and lemon grass, julienne ginger, fry all in boiling cooking oil until golden brown, drain oil and set aside..
- Rinse crabs, lift and detach the carapace (outer shell) and set aside. Discard the abdomen and gills. Pound the big claws. Crack crabs into halves..
- Mix all the spices together: vinegar, sugar, salt, oyster sauce, sesame oil, seasoning powder, black pepper, minced garlic..
- Put a skillet over the heat (a small and deep pot can help save oil/fat), wait until the oil/fat really boils, add pieces of crabs in and fry until fully cooked then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate..
- Use a big skillet, add some cooking oil or fat, heat until it really boils, add the spice mixture in step 3 in and toss evenly then pour the fried crabs into the skillet and stir thoroughly until spices are fully absorbed, stir-fry over high heat in about 10 minutes then turn off the heat..
- Add fried lemon grass, ginger, cayenne pepper and previously processed salt to shake well together. Finally, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lettuce and cucumber. Served with salt, sugar, black pepper and lime dipping sauce. Or mix chili sauce to dip as desired..
Add in the deep-fried crab legs. Remove from the wok and drain on kitchen paper towels. Crustacean-inspired Roasted Crab Recipe Clean and chop the crab into small pieces. Heat up the butter in a wok (between medium to low heat) and saute the garlic until aromatic, but not brown. Add in the black peppers, chicken bouillon powder, and then add in the crab and stir well.