Korean Chicken Legs. I think it's safe to say that these Korean Barbecue Chicken Legs are a new family favorite. The combinations of soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger and more give these chicken legs a flavor that will satisfy your Korean cravings. The barbecue sauce is just loaded with flavor.
Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thick. Place chicken skin side down in a large baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and then pour on top of the chicken. You can have Korean Chicken Legs using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Chicken Legs
- It's 8 of chicken legs.
- It's 1 of "Korean Marinade" see my recipes.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 of pinch crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch kosher salt and white pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are slightly spicy, sticky, sweet, and full of garlic and ginger and crispy even with skin! Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks In a large bowl combine honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, oil and red chilli flakes. Then add chicken pieces, making sure chicken is fully submerged in the marinade. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
Korean Chicken Legs step by step
- Marinate legs from 4-48 hours. Save 1/2 of the marinade. Pat dry..
- Cover legs with enough oil to coat. Season..
- Pour 3/4 of remaining, unused marinade in a shallow baking dish. Place seasoned chicken legs on top..
- Bake uncovered at 350° for approximately 45 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165°. Flip legs halfway during cooking time. Use remaining 1/4 marinade to baste legs..
- Variations; Grill legs, peanut oil, vegetable oil, cilantro, scallions, chives, leeks, caramelized onions, other chicken parts, pork, beef, seafood.
Koreans Spicy Chicken Thighs served with carrot fried rice For a healthier LOW CARB option, serve on a bed of Kale salad. I used a store bought mix that had Kale, Brussel sprouts, red and white Cabbage and more. Pre-toss the salad mix in a light dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. These sweet and spicy drumsticks get their heat from the Sriracha hot sauce and their sweetness from the honey. I served this Asian-glazed chicken with steamed broccoli and brown rice to make this healthy chicken drumstick recipe a complete meal.