Apple Streusel (sheet cake). Apple Streusel Sheet Cake is so easy to make from scratch and tastes amazing! A simple but so flavorful German apple cake that's topped with the most delicious cookie-like streusel. Note: To toast the pecans, walnuts or almonds.
The cakey shortbread crust on the bottom is perfectly buttery, the. This Apple Streusel Cake is a delicious baked recipe for fall. Whether you serve it for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack, you're going to love this sweet. You can cook Apple Streusel (sheet cake) using 25 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel (sheet cake)
- It's 85 g of almonds.
- Prepare of optional: 20g croquant.
- Prepare of optional: 20g crumbled speculus cookies.
- It's of Streusel (in this order) :.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- You need 120 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare dash of Himalayan salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 200 g of cold vegan butter.
- It's of Dough :.
- Prepare 250 g of room temp vegan butter.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- It's 5 of vegan eggs (a substitute for 5 eggs/5 tbsp=100ml aquafaba) OR.
- It's 5 of flaxseed eggs (5tsp ground flax+5tbsp hot water).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground vanilla.
- You need 400 g of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 50-90 ml of nut/plant milk (1-2tbs more if using whole-wheat flour).
- You need of Prepare in advance :.
- It's 1250 g of peeled, cored, quartered apples (the tarter the better).
- You need of lemon juice.
- It's 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Oven :.
- It's 175 of °C oven for 40 min.
- Prepare 220 of °C for 5 min.
Apple Streusel Cake: While I'm still enjoying summer here in Pennsylvania, I realize many folks like to plan ahead or start the fall season as early. Apple Streusel Sheet Cake is a moist tender apple cake with a delicious apple filling and the family favorite crumb topping. This old fashioned cake is simple and quick to make, and you can serve it as apple crumb bars at the party. Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top.
Apple Streusel (sheet cake) step by step
- Chop almonds (in tmx 5sec speed6) and set aside.
- If you chose adding optional ingredients, please mix at reverse speed3 for 2sec.
- Mix streusel ingredients (tmx 5sec speed4) until streusel form and keep cool. Without tmx, please have streusel mix look like in the photo after having prepared it manually or with a different mixer.
- For the dough cream together butter and sugar (tmx all together 60sec at speed 5).
- During 60sec mixing after 20 sec add aquafaba (or equivalent plant 'eggs').
- Add vanilla, bkg pwd, flour and milk. Mix well (tmx 20sec speed5) till thickly but still spreadable - if you have used the flax seed 'eggs' you might need up to 40ml more plant milk.
- You might want to stop and handstir a bit and check consistency. If too dry, add 1tbsp of plant milk.
- Spread dough onto lined baking sheet.
- Chop apples into small bites, sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon (tmx half of apples 5sec speed4).
- Add to top of dough.
- Cover with streusel.
- Distribute almonds on top.
- 40min into 175C oven.
- 5min at double heat at 220°C.
- Take out and let cool in baking sheet.
- Now cut into squares or your preferred shapes.
- Ready to serve.
Learn the best ways to clean a dirty sheet pan and keep it clean. Use baking soda and vinegar, dryer sheets, or hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to clean your sheet pans. This delicious apple cake is filled with a mixture of chopped apples and a spiced pecan and brown Press streusel down into batter lightly. Remove tube pan or bundt pan. Apple Streusel Coffee Cake: In this Instructable, I will This recipe for easy apple coffee cake with a yummy streusel or crumb topping is so yummy!