Forest Pie, Elk Version. Before you jump to Forest Pie, Elk Version recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food. The ingredients needed to prepare Forest Pie, Elk Version: Take Topping. How to Prepare Quick Forest Pie, Elk Version.
DCNR's Bureau of Forestry manages our state forests for their long-term health and productivity while conserving native wild plants. These forests are managed as "working forests" and provide a suite of uses and values to Pennsylvania citizens, while maintaining. I followed the recipe to a T for everyone and they raved about the elk version. You can cook Forest Pie, Elk Version using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Forest Pie, Elk Version
- You need of Topping.
- It's 8 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipes.
- Prepare of Gravy bottom.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground elk.
- It's To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of ground black pepper.
- It's To taste of ground white pepper.
- It's 1 of medium shallot diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose unbleached flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 12 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- It's 8 ounces of whole mushrooms I used baby portobello.
- Prepare 15 ounces of English peas.
I felt especially proud that I can still cook a "meat" dish that tastes delicious. Home » Dessert » Pie » Fruits of the Forest Pie. The fruit of the forest pie never appealed to me, then one day someone accidentally put custard on top of the pie, then You could flute the pie crust- here is a tutorial for many different versions. Personally, I am not talented in making pretty pie crusts.
Forest Pie, Elk Version instructions
- Make the potatoes you can mash, rice, or get instant, it's up to you..
- Dice the shallot and slice the mushrooms..
- Brown the elk in a pan with a stick of butter, and the shallots and mushrooms. Season with salt and peppers..
- Add flour and sauté for a bit. Add in milk and cream. Stirring often. Stir and heat until thickened to your desire. Now stir in the peas..
- Add gravy to pan. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
Recipe: Yummy Forest Pie, Elk Version. New York based freelance illustrator from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. We are Forest Elk Animation Studio. We do animation for businesses and just for fun :) Check out our work at www. ForestElk.com and book us now for your project!